Forum Usernames - How Did You Choose Yours?

Jin

Looking at some usernames on this forum i sometimes wonder how they came up with their name. Obviously some have user names that are their real name but others are a little more bizarre. When i decided to join prospecting forums i didn't know what to have, so googled how you say Gold in different languages. I came across "Jin" which is the Chinese term for gold.

• Like 6

Norvic from the north of OZ, Vic being my first name. Top thread, interesting info. Like you Phrunt I got into the internet early, built a very crude web page for my business that I believe didn`t stir up an iota of business, formed an early opinion that the internet wasn`t for business promotion...…...wow how wrong was I.

• Like 3

Mop is a inherited nickname from my brother (had this blond afro going on when younger), I was called little Mop when younger now Mop as an adult. My wife was called Misses Mop for a few years as well.

When I go back home my 3 boys are still called little Mop, even though they are bigger than me, from a few locals.

• Like 4

When I worked in the film business it would take me away from home 6 to 10 months at a time. I had a young son who played Spearhead online and so I joined the server(s) he played on so I could play the game with him from across the country. Flakmagnet was the handle I gave myself and then later, used it as an online handle for gold forums as well.

• Like 5

Jim is my real name, I added the "Alaska" as a description of where I was from on forums when I lived in Alaska. I still use it only because it is what people have come to know me as, even though I no longer live in Alaska.

I guess I have the "old timers" mentality that if I change it at this late date, no one will know who I am.  :biggrin:

• Like 3

My forum name is straightforward, but my Youtube name - USMiner was created randomly by a piece of software I wrote in the early-2000's which combined letters + numbers sequentially in all combinations and scanned for open domain names for potential development or resale. Years later when I got really into prospecting, I needed a handle and remembered that name, saw the domain was still open. My dogs all got names with related, perhaps uninspiring methods, I'm not good with names. :biggrin:

• Like 1

The origin of my login is pretty simple. My name is Mark, and I'm from California. ?

• Like 3

I was the first PE teacher to bring skateboarding into the curriculum in CA and for years I was referred to as the "Skateteacher" and then the Skate guy. It just stuck so after awhile I just kind of gave up trying to go by my real name.

The skateboarding in class became such a big deal I was even featured in an NBC Nightly news with Brian Williams segment. It was right after he was shot down in Bosnia ?.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1