Forum Usernames - How Did You Choose Yours?

Jin

I was looking for a user friendly youtube name when I set up my channel. My name is Mark and I live on the west coast of Australia so I tried westcoastmark and it was available! So I've stuck with that name since.

• Like 4

My last name is Fisher, so all my life I was called all things fish...flat head, mullet guts, fish guts, trouty, tuna face etc. Tuna sort of stuck and was probably the most palatable of what I've been called. Madtuna came about after a series of unfortunate events resulting in hospital stays.

I use the same user name on all forums I'm on but usually sign off with Steve. I don't go on the anononimity thing though understand why some people may need to.

Because our station is in the gold fields of WA and heavily visited, we need prospectors to contact us so my name, address, phone number email etc is posted for all to see. Hell...there's even a photo of my bum floating about the www. No hiding here.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Beatup was  nickname i was given for how i looked when i was into dirtbike racing ,hare and hound races and long distance desert rides ,  you know beatup and bloody .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Can rest easy now. Was always curious how Phrunt and Madtuna got there usernames. Its also been very interesting to hear every other forum members story. 

• Like 1

My first 21st Century detector was the Gold Bug Pro.  I was no pro, so Gold Bug Amateur (GB_Amateur for short) seemed to fit.  I've m/l retired my GB Pro but it will always remain part of my arsenal for sentimental reasons if nothing else.  Great story by one of its developers, Jorge Saad, starting on page 11 here: http://www.fisherlab.com/wtn-2014/ chronicalling how they initially hesitiated to provide all-around capabilities for fear of scaring off their intended target market as a gold detector.  Ironically it may be a better all-around detector than a gold detector, while being good at both.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jin said:

Can rest easy now. Was always curious how Phrunt and Madtuna got there usernames. Its also been very interesting to hear every other forum members story. 

Quit googling my bum.....pervert!☺️

I chose Lytle78 as a forum name and still use it on most forums. For Steve’s place, I thought that we might be better served - on the whole - by using our real names - makes for a certain accountability. 

The funny part of the “Lytle78” handle was that I chose it because my Norwegian wife and I were married (by a strange set of circumstances) by a JP in Lytle, Texas. Only problem is that I was a bit confused about the date - we were married in ‘77, not ‘78!!

Nice thread, thanks for starting it!!

• Like 1

DolanDave- I lived in Dolan Springs Arizona when I got into prospecting, which is right next to Gold Basin, Arizona.... used the name on all the other gold forums, and stuck to it, even though Im in Las Vegas now...

Dave

• Like 2