Forum Usernames - How Did You Choose Yours?

Jin

sometimes I wonder what a parent is thinking...I had a relative named Harry, last name Balls...

Another time my Bro and I were playing racquet-ball....while taking a break a lady came in looking for her husband. What's his name..." Dick Sweat, she said"...we laughed and said there was no way we would ask for Dick Sweat...so, she changed it to Richard and we found the correct Dick...

fred

• Haha 2

We have a fella over here his name is Richard Jack...hes about 6'3...knowbody says anything to him...my first name is Chuck so you can imagine how much teasing I got when i was a kid...anyway I go by Strick....first 6 letters of my last name..its what my friends used to call me.

• Like 1

When I was about 19 and in the military some people had a hard time pronouncing my last name (Dominguez) some would say Dominquez others would say Dominiquez. Anyways at the time I used to party like any other sailor, and acted wild and crazy lol, one day a coworker called me Dingo and I responded right away and it has stuck ever since that day and even now.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 12:11 PM, Reg Wilson said:

I don't see the use of user names, unless you have something to hide or are frightened of your own shadow.

I got into computers very early and set my emails up. The first was my name @hotmail.com and to limit spam and annoying people I also setup a junk mail account "Geof_Junk@Hotmail.com" so for official contact I use my Main Email and my Junk mail for any thing else.  This let me check my mail quickly and check the junk when I got time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reg this may not out do yours but here goes.

My grandmother was taking a trip on a bus . She sit down by this woman and started talking. My grandmother was the type of person that she would find out anything about you if given time. Even to the point of knowing how much money you had in the bank . She always ask your name first and she did but with a shock to my grandmother.

The Ladies name was Funkingshed .

Sometimes a name is more a joke than a joke it’s self.

Chuck 

• Like 1

IDMineralSurveys is what my income was derived from for 15+ years in the northern region mountains of Idaho for the Forest Service.  Ironically i did not prospect in those years beginning over 34 years ago... like the mechanic whose muffler is about to fall off always doing work on everyone else's vehicles, surveying mining claims were my everyday office assignment so my relaxation was music, not mountains. I am late to this thread as I am on my way home from a prospecting trip for the past 11 days looking for a couple of old gold discoveries... should be back to North Idaho tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:11 AM, Reg Wilson said:

I don't see the use of user names, unless you have something to hide or are frightened of your own shadow.

Nope, while some people hide behind a user name for stirring crap etc, there are a million other legitimate reasons to use a handle other than your name. Some forums with a bazillion members would have a heap of John Smith’s and no doubt a few Reg Wilson’s as well.

There’s a Steve Fisher in town who keeps getting my mail and never returns it the bastard! He has the exact same middle name too.

we teach our kids about being anonymous on the web, not so they can rattle off crap on forums but for safety reasons. Amazing how much you can find out from just a name.

• Like 1