Forum Usernames - How Did You Choose Yours?

Jin

The night I came up with my user name I had received the ashes of my dog back from the vet.

Valen was the second dog that I ever had and he was the best part of my life.

Smarter than most people and could find anything that you would ask him to find.

With my old detector he actually helped me dig up what was under the ground and then keep on digging.

The dog in the photo on the boat is not him and he is not as smart as Valen.

It is a way for me to never forget my baby that always loved me and everyone he met.

• Like 6

When i was living in Sedona AZ i was part of the local mountain bike crew that put Sedona on the map. We all had nicknames they was Amp, bogus dude, doc, trouble, dangerous dave, Rama, and the list goes on. I was hardtime and when i bought my first house in cottonwood it was on Hermits ln. So i just put one and one together.

• Like 2

First name & last initial - helps me remember who I am.

Mike

• Like 1

When I got into Gold Prospecting I would dig for days on end, so some friends starting calling me Dig It, I thought it sounded Cool so I ran with it !!!!

When I got my first e-mail provider I think in the early 1980's I had just reconnected with some old Navy Seabee friends.

I used seabeeron@*****.***

When I got into detecting and then forums, SeaBeeRon was a natural fit!  

Guess what my first name is?!?! 😎

My user's name is self explanatory, as we all are I'm a seeker of gold, I didn't choose the user's name it was suggested by the owner/Administrator of a very old but now long gone gold forum from back in the early 90s when every name I tried to register with seems to be already in use, I liked it and have stuck with it ever since, on a few gold forums Gold Seeker is already spoken for so I'm A.K.A. on those forums as Au Seeker.

I have never hid from my real name and many forum users know me by my first name...Skip