Jin

Forum Usernames - How Did You Choose Yours?

Reg this may not out do yours but here goes.

My grandmother was taking a trip on a bus . She sit down by this woman and started talking. My grandmother was the type of person that she would find out anything about you if given time. Even to the point of knowing how much money you had in the bank . She always ask your name first and she did but with a shock to my grandmother.

The Ladies name was Funkingshed .

Sometimes a name is more a joke than a joke it’s self.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Mob boss, strip club owner and prospector (obviously).

Nothing to see here, carry on.

BB

• Like 3

IDMineralSurveys is what my income was derived from for 15+ years in the northern region mountains of Idaho for the Forest Service.  Ironically i did not prospect in those years beginning over 34 years ago... like the mechanic whose muffler is about to fall off always doing work on everyone else's vehicles, surveying mining claims were my everyday office assignment so my relaxation was music, not mountains. I am late to this thread as I am on my way home from a prospecting trip for the past 11 days looking for a couple of old gold discoveries... should be back to North Idaho tomorrow.

• Like 2

Gold and EN as first letters of my name.

Digg all and stay safe

GOLDEN

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:11 AM, Reg Wilson said:

I don't see the use of user names, unless you have something to hide or are frightened of your own shadow.

Nope, while some people hide behind a user name for stirring crap etc, there are a million other legitimate reasons to use a handle other than your name. Some forums with a bazillion members would have a heap of John Smith’s and no doubt a few Reg Wilson’s as well.

There’s a Steve Fisher in town who keeps getting my mail and never returns it the bastard! He has the exact same middle name too.

we teach our kids about being anonymous on the web, not so they can rattle off crap on forums but for safety reasons. Amazing how much you can find out from just a name.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, kiwijw said:

So it wasnt after a female aboriginal.

I am a kiwi, New Zealander, & my initials are JW. Pretty simple really. Bit like me.:laugh:

Good luck out there

JW ?

Actually JW that would be Jin but with a G which is a derogatory racist term and would see you dumped down a mine shaft in some places.

• Like 2

Mine is based on my last name Barrera.  Through out my time in the Army I have been called the Bear.  Sometimes it was the Bipolar Bear when I was a Platoon Sergeant.  I was known to flip the switch pretty quick to get this going.  Always for for a purpose.  

• Like 1

I love small Cabins.  I was living in one when I came up with the name and am working on another now.

Bryan

Just my initials here, was too lazy to hold the shift key down.

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By maxxkatt
      I have located two gold mines that I have access to after much research.
      one mine about 4 ft tall in the side of a hill and has a nice pile of quartz rock tailings pile. rocks are about 12" wide. Should I remove all of the larger quartz rocks to get  down to the smaller rocks before I hunt with my 800 using a six inch coil?
      the other is in the side of a creek bank about 2 feet high. No sign of tailings pile, so I guess just hunt the creek with my Equinox 800 and 6" coil in front of the mine and down stream and on both sides of the creek in case they had their washer equipment set up at that location.
      both sites are rather remote so should not be much trash in the area.
      thanks for any help.

• By Django
      (Update... im not taking the ctx3030 and instead I’m buying a equinox800 and practice with that and take it to the digstock event.
      there has been some very good advice offered I  the comments... things that as a newbie I wouldn’t have considered.)

I’m recently retired and decided to start some new hobbies, metal detecting is one of them.
      i bought a CTX3030 used at a great price from the president of the Ohio Detectorist association. It included the stock coil and a 17 inch. I’m still learning how to use it and so I basically dig every signal I get.
      my question is this... I’m going to travel to Chazy NY for DigStock 2020 and will be hunting relics and coins... in open fields.
      should I use the CTX3030 or should I also invest in a Garrett ATX and deepseeker for this event or should I take both?
      thoughts?
      ~Django
    • By mh9162013
      I saw one of these for sale for basically $200 + shipping. Is that a good deal? What's the typical resale price (Fair Market Value) for a machine like that?

Thanks!
    • By okara gold
      Broke my Nox arm cuff the other day. I got ahold of a new one and modified it so it is now stronger than ever. I took a piece of 4 inch PVC pipe, ( just the right width! ), cut it to the width of the cuff and just below where the strap openings are. Did a little sanding to "round" off the edges and attached it with industrial 3M two face tape to the cuff. Then put the black cushion rubber on top. I have used it about 6 hours now of constant swinging and it is rock solid. $1.98 for the PVC and a little modification. We'll see how it holds up. 

• By deusdave
      Greetings from the UK to all you fellow hunters from a newbie  to the GPX  4500 and this site , i have a question i recently i acquired a Gpx 4500 and it has a modification on the control panel which i am not sure about could somebody tell me what this is ? as you can see in the picture it says Gain + and L.S.M three position switch what is this and how do you use it and who would have modified it if known ? my hunting will be 99% on  wet beach sand  had an SD 2200D way back which was awesome on the beach so GPX should be no exception. Any help and advice will be very much appreciated and any advice on a beach set up would be good as i not tried her out yet many thanks .

• By PPP
      HI!
      Just wondering if it is worth selling my garrett sea hunter and Equinox 600 to buy a TDI beachhunter instead? of couars the money i will make selling thoese two detectors is not enough to buy a TDI Beachhunter and i have to put som extra money on that.Please help! I want just more depth in saltwater and think TDIBeachhunter goes deeper than thoese two