Lady Digger Finds More Than He Does. 1+ Ounce More

Thanks for the added Success Photos and story Mike.  Always enjoy seeing others Success.

• Like 1

Gerry, here is a video posted with the nugget being found (at approximately 18:20).    Just before that in the video from approx. 16:25 to 18:20 he makes comments about the first group, made me laugh - thought we were a little selfish. Ha! That's what it's all about, some days you find some, but most of the time it's bullet lead, copper jacket fragments, a tiny brass spring - heck, i dug for 20 mins. through 4 inches of ice layer then another couple inches of frozen tundra soil with my rock pick for a find that was only a metal button used in bundling stuff with twist wire ties. Went another 15 feet up the hill in the brush and found my first 6.5 grammer at the same depth (earlier nugget pictured by penny). Then another 10 feet up the hill a spoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kevin,  Nice to see someone take the time to video and share AKAU Adventures.  I have had a few customers of mine go there.  What exactly is 125% DEET and is even good to put it on your skin?LOL.

Yes I remember many trips to Ganes Creek, AK and sometimes a Head Net was the only way to breath outdoors.

Good gold is always tough to recover and that is why I enjoy "the hunt" for it so much.    The big nuggets are there for anyone and I feel it is mostly luck, but your odds go up with you neverquit.  I have a buddy and his nickname is just that "Neverquit".  I even met him a few days on our Australia Adventure years back.  

I enjoyed your real and raw video.  Thanks for sharing.