Woody Detector Mods - Are These Legit or Bogus?

Hi Gold Hound,

I too have heard many good things about the Little Ripper over the years.

It's too bad they are no longer available.

Hi Gold Hound,

I too have heard many good things about the Little Ripper over the years.

It's too bad they are no longer available.

Yeah I kept one of mine when I sold my 5k because I knew I would never be able to get one again if I wanted to use a gpx series detector again.

Ismael is a top bloke you only have to speak to him on the phone and you will soon learn that he will not lie or promote useless mods.

He will freely tell you the limitations and what the mod is useful for.

And he will go out of his way to help you if there is a problem with one of his products even if you broke it!

He's a pretty successful prospector too he knows his stuff. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I had it done last year to a brand new 4500 demo I got for a good price sent it to Australia and Peter did the full mod on it and sent it back it cost 1600.00 US and 65.00 US shipping he pays return postage only time I have used it was in my test garden where the EMI is absolutely awful  I tried different setting especially in the manual tone because when you get the mod back automatic tune is void and had a lot of trouble getting it quiet and never really did with mono and DD coils I have a un-moded 4500 and the area I speak of gives it trouble but it is useable I am taking the mod out next week to the boondocks where EMI is low and turn it loose. I didn't purchase the EMI filter because according to Peter it is incorporated in the mod. He has a 5 year warranty on his work and will stand behind it.I hunt Civil War relics so I am keeping my fingers crossed because if I can't get it quiet I will send it back. I will post feedback on the hunt.     

I bought one of those emi filters and didnt notice any difference but everytime I bumped it on a bush or something the detector went nuts so I took it off:blink:-Years ago I had a 2000 and sent it to finders in AU and had a couple of mods done to it and when I got it back it was like night and day the mods really woke it up:wink:-wish I still had it:tongue: Mike C...:ph34r:

• Like 1

Peter Woodland s modified detectors are amazing.Unfortunately the Biased meter blurs the waters here,as far as the closer you get to the Dealer s and there rep s the more untruth s are spoken.

Jp here in Oz has slowly but surely has also been faced with this many times and now unlike in the past is a little more tight lipped.

He knows where his bread and butter is.

From personal experience and the Gp Extreme i own ,which is fully modded by Peter i will never sell it.I HAd a 4500 and worked and lived in the WA goldfields for 10 years and my Gp Extreme matched and yes beat the 4500 on some occasions.Love the 4500,but not as much as my Extreme.

Anyway im not bagging Minelab just some are truly unable to see past there wallet when it comes to expressing honest proven information.

Peter at Detector mods has found some spectacular gold with his modded machine ,the likes of which almost all on this site will never.However the doubts and criticisms keep flowing.

Again this is not a personal attack on anyone's ability but 30+ ounce nuggets are far between!.

Currently own and run 3 x Minelabs....

Ash