Woody Detector Mods - Are These Legit or Bogus?

• 1 year later...

Personally I wouldn't get a gpx modified, based on price for upgrading towards a Zed or even a good second hand one would seem more logical. My brother actually forked out $1200 to get his sd2200d modded many years ago & yes there was a marked improvement especially the gain mod.This helped with using mono coils, but still I couldn't justify the cost myself. I had owned a modded gp3000 done by Woody which I picked up for less than the price for a stock secondhand gp3000 . The person who paid for it to be modded lost out on that detector big time & that's something to think about if your considering going down that road with modding. 

I had an opportunity to test a modded gpx4500 in the field one time, Mount Mulligan actually & this detector had some real issues going on. I'm not sure what was wrong with it but the gentlemen who owned it wasn't a happy camper. No matter what i did i couldn't get it to settle down, even to a point by dropping the gain & stabiliser right down made little difference. This isn't to say there isn't any good modded gpx's out there, just that this gpx4500 most certainly wasn't one of them.

If I was going to get my 3500 modded It would be done by Ismael Jones & done for less than the cost of a new coil!