Sign in to follow this  
Jim in Idaho

Trade Wtt A GMT For A Tm808

I have a nice GMT I've owned since new. Like to trade for a TM808.

Jim

Found a TM808..thanks!

Jim

3 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Found a TM808..thanks!

Jim

Jim,out of interest did you have a specific use for the TM808 or just wanted too try one out ?? i have had a Fisher TW-5 for a fair few years but only used it a few times in that duration,its used prominently if a scattered hoard is suspected and that is its main use.

Of course they are not your everyday use machine but i got mine brand new for well under half price,so grabbed the bargain as its not alot of money invested in it,so not really worried about it being used alot.I do enjoy using it though as it has confirmed the location of 2 scattered hoards.

I bought it to try and locate a couple of stage robbery hoards, Rick. Wells Fargo, back in the stage days, had the mining companies change their shipping procedures to 125lb dore' bars to discourage robbers.So, in some cases the loot was simply buried near the robbery site. Some were later picked up, but in some cases the robbers ended up dead, or were unable to recall exactly where the loot was buried. One of these took place not far from my home, and I've spent some time over the last few years researching it, and trying to locate the two bars. The TM808 is my last shot at it...LOL. It's lava rock desert out there, so lots of crevasses to check out. if it's out there, I decided it's probably too deep for the TDI to see. The TM808  I bought also has "cave" mode, so that may help.

Jim

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jim in Idaho said:

I bought it to try and locate a couple of stage robbery hoards, Rick. Wells Fargo, back in the stage days, had the mining companies change their shipping procedures to 125lb dore' bars to discourage robbers.So, in some cases the loot was simply buried near the robbery site. Some were later picked up, but in some cases the robbers ended up dead, or were unable to recall exactly where the loot was buried. One of these took place not far from my home, and I've spent some time over the last few years researching it, and trying to locate the two bars. The TM808 is my last shot at it...LOL. It's lava rock desert out there, so lots of crevasses to check out. if it's out there, I decided it's probably too deep for the TDI to see. The TM808  I bought also has "cave" mode, so that may help.

Jim

Jim,very interesting,our UK hoards/caches are often down about the depth of a person laying down and placing the container at arms length down the hole,which is just below what a normal VLF detector can reach,but what we are finding is that ploughing is going deeper and taking the tops of the post off and scattering the hoard.Detectorist then start finding scattered coins in a vert tight radius which indications that its a hoard and by working out the way the scattered coins are distributed by the plough you can in theory and a ideal world locate the potential pot hoard is located.

I can grasp exactly what you are trying to use it for and how you would use it in relation too the Stage coach hoards,good luck with your quest and hope you strike it lucky !!

• Like 1

I can imagine the stage robber finding a crack in the lavas, before robbing the stage. It would need to be deep enough to hide the bars well, but not so deep he couldn't easily heft the bars back to the surface. Probably a max of 5', and probably less than that. There are many crevasses out there that exceed 15', and many, many that would work. I recently learned some more about where the robbery took place. That was always a question. So, having narrowed the search area, I can get more serious about the quest. Probably somewhere in a 5 acre area. But 5 acres out there has hundreds of hiding places, and it's very rough country. We'll see. Thanks for the "Luck",

Jim

• Like 1

43560 sq ft x 5 x 5 is a lot of cubic feet to search...

if you are open to trying, get some bent wire dowsing rods and seek direction and distance....not the treasure....

it can't hurt and might help...

good luck

fred

Ya know, Fred, my dad could dowse water. I might give that a try. As you say, it can't hurt to try it.

Thanks!

Jim

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jim in Idaho
      Have a good condition GM 2 detector with 6 x 10 eliptical concentric coil. Need a Miner John 8 x 12 folded mono for my TDI.
      Jim
    • By afreakofnature
      I would like to trade my brand new, unopened, still in the packaging Minelab Equinox WM08.  I am looking for a Minelab GPZ7000 WM12.  It can be used if not abused.  They both sell for the same amount.  Actually the WM08 sells for 4 bucks more.   I don't use headphones, so it would be nice to have a back up.
      I would be willing to sell this if you give me the same amount to buy a WM12.
      Thanks everyone!