Equinox Charging Essentials

dan_h

Just  received the Equinox Charging Essentials from Doc's Detecting.  It came fully charged and the power bank seems to be a solid piece of equipment.  Cost $63.45 including shipping.  As soon as my local park detecting sessions drop my E600 one battery level, I'll try it out.  Maybe I should also buy another charging cable before venturing to remote areas.

About a month ago I also obtained Doc's cover for the 600.  Both sales resulted from references to Doc's in the Equinox Handbook.

Speaking of the Handbook, I have changed Park1 to the Cherrying Picking settings, Field2 to the souped up version, and Beach1 to Beach for Land.  The latter nabbed me a 1952 Wheatie in a hammered park.

Yes, investing in a second charging cable is a good idea since it is a proprietary cable and if it gets lost or broken, you are up a creek no matter how much spare power you have. 

The multiple charge ports and components in Doc's kit are solid and it's a convenient all-in-one solution.  But if you are willing to shop around yourself for the individual components separately, you can find different combinations of chargers with fewer ports and even larger power banks and save a few $$.  FWIW.

Finally, just a note that even in all day detecting sessions, I have never needed to use an external power bank to charge the Equinox on the fly, but it is sure convenient to have in the field if you are in a remote location and can't plug in for an overnight charge.

• Like 1