Arizona Nugget Hunt With Equinox 800 & 6” Coil

It's a good video on an early morning Arizona hunt.

• Like 1

I got my 800 from Bill.

I just asked him if he was in All Metal for the video and he said no.  I think Stock to him is turn on and go.

• Like 1

Yes the Equinox is a fine gold VLF gold detector and I have had great Success with it too.  Certainly a machine that does better on Prospecting Nuggets than most folks probably realize.  Bill Southern has been around the block a few years and knows his stuff.  Good to see he finally cleaned up a little as the beard and hair used to be pretty rough.  I think he was trying a Grizzly Adams look, minus the belly.  Thanks for sharing Steve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bill is a great prospector with a detector and super friendly. Boy, he loves the desert. I like to watch his videos for his prospecting tips and nature narratives too.

He was in Gold 1 with a little low end discrimination from what he said (probably -9, -8, and -7 for some of the hot rocks) with sensitivity on 18 and he was using tracking ground balance.  On shallow sedimentary and volcanic bedrock which is intermingled, tracking ground balance is a good idea. The 6" coil in Gold 1 and Gold 2 multi is a beast!!!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi Bill, I love your videos they make me think I'm walking along beside you. I still remember camping out with you and JohnB, RD, Joeforthegold and Mick up in Rattlesnake canyon. Times like that cannot be duplicated and resonate even now. 

11 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

Hi Bill, I love your videos they make me think I'm walking along beside you. I still remember camping out with you and JohnB, RD, Joeforthegold and Mick up in Rattlesnake canyon. Times like that cannot be duplicated and resonate even now. 

If JohnB was there then I know you guys had a good time.

• Haha 1