Last Few Equinox Hunts....

I haven't been getting out nearly as much as I'd like to, but I did get to hit an old hammered spot in Alameda when I had some business there and managed to dig these.  I was happy with it considering last few times with other machines I was lucky to get a single wheat cent.  For some odd reason silver war nickles from this site always have a crust over them, it comes off with a toothpick, it's odd never had that occurrence elsewhere:
IMG_0283sm.thumb.jpg.bc1ea42a7ae1b4af4fc4fe4ad388fd38.jpg

IMG_0284sm.thumb.jpg.8887d6a5fe3d2be2f050df95a9c3dd52.jpg

These next pictures are the better coins I dug from a little scrape project.  Some really nice finds have come from it, including gold rush era buckles and seateds, but it's been mostly mercs for me - lol

IMG_E0252.thumb.JPG.f9ff6f15459c150e6aab4d2fea373667.JPG

IMG_0279.thumb.JPG.82176fc7f69b6112bd0632a6a6f8f3d6.JPG

GL&HH
Cal

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

Looks like business travel has been good for you. To bad ?they're mostly Merc's. (my second favorite coin). Which coil you been using?

Hey Tom,

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy finding Merc's but given the oldies that have come from this scrape, including believe it or not a cob, I'd like to get in on the older stuff ? The first two group of coins were with the stock 11" coil, the last group of coins, I was fighting EMI right out of the gate and switch over to my 6" coil.  Interestingly out of the four hunters there yesterday, I had the highest silver coin count by over double!  The 6" coil is no slouch, although when you first strap it on and start detecting and your buddies are swinging the 11" coil, psychologically you fell like their going to do better, but that wasn't the case yesterday.  They keep moving dirt around this site, so you just never know what you'll get, but there's been some epic gold rush era buckles found.  One of the guys found a super rare fire pumper eagle buckle, according to the buckle book there's only five known to exist. 

Looks like you have done really well with what you have found. I am trying to learn my new unit and have only found junk and pull tabs.

• Like 1

Yea way to go there Cal...I seen Toms post on the other forum..you guys are doing well.

strick

• Like 1