Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

If Your WM12 Is Getting Slow To Charge

I finally got round to replacing the battery in my dud WM12.  I run twin WM12`s and the good one would charge in about 1 hour but the sluggish one could take 5 or 6 hours or longer.   I`m not real good with the fiddly little stuff but this was pretty straight forward and now both wm12`s charge in the same amount of time.        The only 2 things that may be drama, you need a bit that fits TT10 Torx screws and somehow I had one of those,  and the battery I bought the black and red wire were about ½" too long and I had to bend the wires a bit to get the plug to go into the socket.       The top picture is how the red and black wire looked before and the bottom picture is after I fitted the new battery.  You can see I had to bend the wires.
   And don`t believe you`ll get it in three or 4 days.   This mob is in England and it took about 3 or 4 weeks to get mine..
 If you get this battery from these people the model No. is CS-MLC100SL and the part No. is 0303-0036
Good luck finding the battery anywhere else, this was the only one I could find.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replacement-Battery-For-MINELAB-0303-0036/302942371755?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well done, but I'm hoping I never have to!

• Like 1

Will these batteries last forever?  I don't think so.

What does Minelab states have to say about a battery?  or is it just a new 12?

Mitchel

I looked at the link and it said it would not post to the United States so I stuck the description:

Replacement Battery For MINELAB 0303-0036

into Amazon and got this:

https://www.amazon.com/1100mAh-Replacement-Battery-MINELAB-0303-0036/dp/B07NG3QGZH/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Replacement+Battery+For+MINELAB+0303-0036&qid=1564482154&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• Like 1

It will take about 3 weeks to get one...thats how long mine took. Still have to change it out. 

strick

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

What does Minelab states have to say about a battery?  or is it just a new 12?

Minelab have the battery in their spare parts list, (I know this thanks to Steve posting a link and pictures), but nowhere could I find the Minelab part.  I figured it was 30 bucks to try a aftermarket battery or 380 bucks for a new WM12,   so on the open-ended Richter scale I give this battery a 9.   (I had to take one off because the wires were too long)    This is the link to what Steve originally posted          https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/5080-problem-with-gpz-wm-12-wireless-module/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lacky said:

Well done, but I'm hoping I never have to!

Yeh my original WM12 is coming up to 4½ years old and it started to get slow to charge about 6 months ago, so going on that I`ve got about another 2 years and I`ll have to do my other WM12.  

Has anyone here tried taking the unit to a Batteries Plus store. I have them replace all of my lithium batteries for my cordless power tools. They are better batteries than factory when I get them back. I will have to ask them next time I go into Reno.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/

• Like 3

For those that are interested, I used the 7000 for 5 hours yesterday and the new battery took about  45 minutes to recharge and my "good" WM12 took about 90 minutes.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2019 at 1:10 PM, phoenix said:

Minelab have the battery in their spare parts list, (I know this thanks to Steve posting a link and pictures), but nowhere could I find the Minelab part.  I figured it was 30 bucks to try a aftermarket battery or 380 bucks for a new WM12,   so on the open-ended Richter scale I give this battery a 9.   (I had to take one off because the wires were too long)    This is the link to what Steve originally posted          https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/5080-problem-with-gpz-wm-12-wireless-module/

Seems odd that Minelab dealers would not have access to replacement batteries? Surely Minelab service would have them. But then again they may have a stiff price attached. Sounds like a job for Gerry, Rob, or Bill! If the old batteries are now getting weak maybe a dealer could be the first to have them available on their website (hint, hint). :smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1