If Your WM12 Is Getting Slow To Charge

I returned my WM12 to ML service for exactly this reason - it was still under warrantee - they returned a new one in three days.

• Like 2

Sometimes the charging light just keeps blinking after a nights charge but still it performs all  day long without incident....never had the WM12 or the WM10 (CTX) die out yet during a days hunt after a nights charge...anyone had that happen? 

Strick 

• Like 2

I probably should have mentioned this earlier...

I wrongly thought early on that my WM12 was taking a very, very long time to charge.  It would blink for hours past when the actual detector battery was full. 

One day I noticed that after only an hour or so both showed they were charged but I didn’t immediately take them off the chargers as I was busy doing something else. 

Came back after a while and the WM12 was blinking again. I left it and it blinked for ages.  Hmmm, I thought   ?

So I took a lot more notice from then on.  This happened every time. They would both show charged and then a little time later the WM12 would start ‘charging’ again. 

So I guessed that it wasn’t the battery but actually the charger that was the issue.  Somehow reading the battery as full (which it probably was) and then picking up a slight drop in voltage or something and starting charging again but with no end. 

I always charged both detector battery and WM12 using the supplied charger. 

Perhaps this is what is happening to others where it appears to be trying to charge for hours  ?‍♂️

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That sounds like burn your house down type stuff

Damn!!  Now you tell me!!! The house is well insured too  ?

The blinking light is always on the WM12 but for the actual detector batteries it will stop as it should for the full charge. The WM12 never feels warm like there is a problem...but you are right I always charge batteries in my shop instead of in the house.  

strick 

• The title was changed to If Your WM12 Is Getting Slow To Charge