Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

If Your WM12 Is Getting Slow To Charge

I returned my WM12 to ML service for exactly this reason - it was still under warrantee - they returned a new one in three days.

• Like 2

Sometimes the charging light just keeps blinking after a nights charge but still it performs all  day long without incident....never had the WM12 or the WM10 (CTX) die out yet during a days hunt after a nights charge...anyone had that happen? 

Strick 

• Like 2

I probably should have mentioned this earlier...

I wrongly thought early on that my WM12 was taking a very, very long time to charge.  It would blink for hours past when the actual detector battery was full. 

One day I noticed that after only an hour or so both showed they were charged but I didn’t immediately take them off the chargers as I was busy doing something else. 

Came back after a while and the WM12 was blinking again. I left it and it blinked for ages.  Hmmm, I thought   ?

So I took a lot more notice from then on.  This happened every time. They would both show charged and then a little time later the WM12 would start ‘charging’ again. 

So I guessed that it wasn’t the battery but actually the charger that was the issue.  Somehow reading the battery as full (which it probably was) and then picking up a slight drop in voltage or something and starting charging again but with no end. 

I always charged both detector battery and WM12 using the supplied charger. 

Perhaps this is what is happening to others where it appears to be trying to charge for hours  ?‍♂️

• Like 2

That sounds like burn your house down type stuff, over charged lithium batteries can go boom! explode.gif

The control system prevents overcharging, which can cause the lithium ion battery to overheat and potentially burn. This is why the Li-ion batteries are more expensive. The only way for the Li-ion battery to overcharge is if the charging system malfunctions, and then the battery will heat up while in the charger.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That sounds like burn your house down type stuff

Damn!!  Now you tell me!!! The house is well insured too  ?

Isn't the WM12 a pouch battery :laugh:

The blinking light is always on the WM12 but for the actual detector batteries it will stop as it should for the full charge. The WM12 never feels warm like there is a problem...but you are right I always charge batteries in my shop instead of in the house.  

strick 

If it's not warm it's not overcharging.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, strick said:

Sometimes the charging light just keeps blinking after a nights charge but still it performs all  day long without incident....never had the WM12 or the WM10 (CTX) die out yet during a days hunt after a nights charge.

Strick 

Same here strick. I can detect for two days, probably not full days these days, but never had the detector or WM12 die on me. Providing they were both charged prior to heading out for the weekend. Cheers.

Best of luck out there

JW ?  

• Like 1

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By canoe
      Since I am new here, I wanted my first post(other that the meet and greet post) to hopefully be a contribution and perhaps help a few folks.
      One of the most annoying things when using a corded set of headphones is catching the cord on brush and whatever else it might be attracted to. Well, I recently discovered there was such a thing as wireless headphones but could not find any that I thought I would be satisfied with, so with some research, this is what I came up with.
      I bought a Taotronics blue tooth transmitter $29.95, a set of Cowen noise canceling low latency blue tooth headphones $59.99 and a Moborest 1/4" male to 1/8" female stereo adapter $9.98(2 to a pkg). Plugged adapter into my MXT, plugged transmitter into adapter, turned everything on including MXT, followed simple directions for pairing trans. to headphones and low and behold I now have wireless headphones for my detector.
      I put a small square of sticky back velcro on the transmitter(which is very small) and the another on the side of the machine and just stuck them together, to hold the trans. in place. The trans. can always be unplugged and remover if warranted.
      I found everything on Amazon.
      This may be old knowledge to some but I maybe there are a few folks this info. will help.
      Anyway, glad to be here and hope this will help someone.
      Su Amigo, Canoe

• By Jin
      Plug in a booster/headphones into the WM12 (Gpz7000) or plug it directly into the 7000??
      Obviously, wire-free would be more convenient but would the signal be clearer/stronger going hardwired?
      (I'm not concerned about the minute bit of lag when using a wireless system)
      Thought i would ask before testing this on my next trip.
    • By shockwave2020
      Hopefully someone can help me. I have an Equinox 600 that I can pair my earbuds to but I hear no sound. The earbuds are paired as Bluetooth + as indicated on the machine. I have tried other earbuds with the same problem. I have reset the machine multiple times. I am using Soundpeats Q12HD earbuds. I am at a loss. Thanks
    • By Voyager32
      Does anyone know what the waterproof plug Nokta uses for the headphones is, I have a pair of Tony Eisenhower headphones for my Nox 600 and want to convert them to Nokta, they are much more comfortable than the Nokta waterproof’s, Thanks
    • By Paddyspurs
      Hi all, and thanks for letting me join. 
      I know this has been asked previously but I was recommended (by another forum user) to get a pair of AptxLL Qualcomm headphones to use with my 600. The ones I went for were August EP640 4.1, which is the same ones the user said works perfectly for.
      Ok, charged them up, switched on 600, switched on headphones to search for BT. No joy, tired it every way but alas, no luck. Two strange things, I can connect a pair of crappy standard headphones in a few seconds to the 600 but the lag and sound is so crappy it's a non-runner. I can also connect my EP640s to my phone , laptop and tablet in seconds. But not my 600. I sent him a message to ask what his experience with them was, he replied that he couldn't understand as his connected easily.   Help!
      Has anyone any answers/tips/reasons?
      Many thanks in advance. (Paddyspurs)
    • By Mark Gillespie
      The microphone on my grandsons head set stopped working so his mother bought him a new set.  I got the hand me down to use for listening to music. But thought I'd try something this morning.  Combining with my WM 08 I found the most perfect combination to date.  Great sound quality, blocks out the outside noise and feels great.  The best combination to date.  Very light weight and the head strap is angled to reduce fatigue on the ears.  And no 1/4 to 1/8" adapter needed.  Zero lag time of course.