Day Off Detecting With Fors Gold

Your nokta midsize coil shouldnt make bump noise unless you got the sens. Jacked up too high. Mine isnt bump sensitive at 80-85 gain. You should try turning it down to 40-or lower sens then tap on something. If it still does it. Then better get ahold of dilek or kellyco. Whoever fixes them now. maybe u got a bad coil. Seems not all coils are the same. Few years ago my wife and I both had fisher 10x5 elips on our gb pros. Brand new. Hers was bump sensitive in all metal at 50. Mine wasnt. Sent to fisher and they said it was fine.

• Like 1

Nice finds!

I have noticed that my fors gold appears to hit on vegetation once in a while, also noticed it hits on burrowing mice tunnels. Also noticed a little bump noise with mid coil but only when swinging to fast and contact object, contact at point other than coil (shaft) doesnt produce bump though.

• Like 1

Are you two sure its from bumping something. Cause running the sens. At 80-85 like I do, it chirps a little bit. Especially on minerlized ground. this kind of ground chatter is not a repeatable signal each swing. I can run my gb pro over the same ground and it will chirp on the minerals in the ground aswell. So you need to isolate that it is actually from bump contact. Some coils with the sensitivity turn up will sound off on bumping into something. I never have with any coil from my Fors Gold. Or gb pro.

Spencer by the sound of it we are dealing with the same problems... On the mouse holes etc I actually get a reading of bouncing mixed #'s... I am rough with my coils I think... I'm a scrubber but that's how I find my gold ... I'm aggressive with it my wife went one day with me a flipped out on me "saying this is what u spent almost $1k to do ..tear something up".. Yeah she hasn't gone since and even with the bump noises its quite when she's home...lol lol lol lol

Well thnx Spencer for the input because I was starting to believe something was defective with the midsize coil..

Damn mice might have swallowed a nugget. Lol. No actually maybe the mice packed some tin foil down their hole. Ive had my detector go off right next to wood rats nest. They pack off lots of little bits of foil into their nest. Also was detecting a hillside with good gold once and I got a signal right under a coyote pile. After moving the coyote crap the signal was gone. After inspecting the coyote crap I could see it had foil in it. Probably hauled off with someones garbage and ate leftovers.

• Like 1

I believe the detector does hit (i should say register probably instead of hit) on plants w/ enough moisture in them or perhaps some minerals in root collection, the same plant when approached slowly wont sound off as it did when bumped at higher swing speed. Moisture and movement? Dunno, just observations.

Definately sounds off on tunnels themselves as i dug out many feet of them while determining what signal origination was. Could also be a moisture issue? ground was moist but moisture not peesent in tunnel space itself thereby change in conductivity? Still observing and learning.

I too am rough on my coils, i try not to be but its rough country.

I had to get different shoes because it picks up my hiking boots on every step...got aggravating after awhile... I've learned in a short time that in this brand of fun I am constantly observing and learning...