Why Don’t XP Deus / Orx Make Smaller Coils

I’ve been a long time lover of small coils hunting a new location for the first time. 

I’m wondering why none are being made . It could be I’m the first that ask for one . I don’t look to find it at my door anytime soon.

All the relic hunters and one coin hunter in the bunch I can see why I’m sucking hind teat.

Chuck 

I think it is because the electronics are built into the coil itself so there are probably limitations on what they can stuff in the area they have to work with. That would be my hunch. The 9" HF coils should be fine for relic hunting in tighter areas. I have been eyeing the Deus with the smaller 9" eliptical but leaning towards the 11". On my next year list.

• Like 1

Kac

On what you said makes sense but that’s something I’ve always been short of .

The HF coils with the battery in the shaft should help some on giving them more space.

I’ve been thinking about getting that 5X9” coil but really want a 6 are 7 “ round one .

Kac thanks for your reply and happy hunting.

Chuck 

Do you have the Orx, Chuck?   The HF elliptical is really pretty small and will get in most places no problem. It is a great coil and you won't lose hardly any depth compared to the HF round coil.

If you are putting one on the Deus it works good too except for the ID normalization which doesn't work on the HF coils. The target ID numbers will mostly bunch up in the mid 80s to high 90s depending on what frequency you use and target depth. Turns it into a beep/dig detector. Might as well have it set on 3 tones or less like the Orx and ignore the remote control VDI numbers when detecting targets deeper than 4" or so.

Jeff

• Like 1

Jeff

I do have the ORX with the 9” round coil and I do find it to be a great coil but thinking about adding the elliptical.

I need to read back over what you said and put it to memory.

Thanks for the reply.

Chuck 

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’ve been a long time lover of small coils hunting a new location for the first time. 

I’m wondering why none are being made . It could be I’m the first that ask for one . I don’t look to find it at my door anytime soon.

All the relic hunters and one coin hunter in the bunch I can see why I’m sucking hind teat.

Chuck 

The elliptical is a perfect form factor small coil IMO.  9.5” swing coverage with 5” width for tight spots and decent depth for a 5” wide coil.

• Thanks 1

Chuck, there was a used one on EB?? recently with shaft and hardware for a really good price. May still be there. With the XP USA price drop, used prices have also dropped considerably

Jeff

• Thanks 1