Hi From The Scottish Highlands

Highlands

Being a new member I am enjoying reading a lot more about metal detecting and other interesting new and comments from other members here.

Just getting back into Metal detecting after being away from it for some years.

• Like 1

Hi,

welcome to this friendly, awesome and very informative detecting site. I hope you are able to find most of what you need here.

I'm Scottish to the core from the Logan/McClendon clan. Digging in the dirt comes naturally to me!!!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Welcome (back), Highlands!  I'm not of Scottish descent (AFAIK) but your beautiful country is at the top of my 'to visit' list.  Loch Ness, Inverness, etc. (but in the summertime).  ?  You've come to the right place if information, friendliness, and civility are to your liking.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Maybe Highlands is out with the herd looking for the gold!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/world/europe/scotland-gold.html

Beautiful country your from, I went there once with my grandfather when he was doing some work in the Sound of Mull. We stayed in Tobermory, and I got to visit some of the castles there. I really want to go back again for a visit.

Welcome to the best forum with the best people for any and all information detector.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Maybe Highlands is out with the herd looking for the gold!

"While one gram of gold is worth around 50 pounds, or about $65, that would be a good find for a day. The ambition of most is to collect enough tiny fragments — or “pickers” in panning jargon — to create a ring for a loved one."