Simplex Pre-order Announcement

I think its a great time, equipment wise, for people to be entering the hobby.   Its too bad the weather disasters have killed the resale market and eliminated the buy & try & trade-up market in the USA.

Garrett rode the ACE for a long time, followed by the AT series.

First Texas rode the T2 for a long time along with the F75.

Whites rode the MXT for a long time.    

Now....it looks as if it may be Nokta/Makro's turn.   We will see.  Will be fun to watch. 

I think the big difference for me is I no longer feel obligated to buy & try anymore.      I'm set and happy, equipment wise, for the foreseeable future.

HH

Mike

• Like 2

I'll wait a bit to see how people like them, how well problems are handled, what the vanquish ends up being price a feature wise, etc, but that's a price I would pick one up just to see if I can get my kids interested and to have as a spare if anyone wants to come along. For middle class type incomes $300 is borderline impulse buy territory,  where as the $1000 I spent on the equinox was plan, save, hope territory. 

Minelab really needs to hire the ad producer, simple, informative, to the point. I've yet to see a minelab ad that wasn't garbage. 

Love the value, build quality, feature set and that high performance Anfibio 11" DD coil in a $299 package, simply cannot be beat. 

I'm with Mike though, I'm currently in a great place with only two detectors that can hunt it all and are very productive.  Still wouldn't mind picking one of these up, wish my wifey would get into detecting or my daughter was older, this would be the perfect machine for them!

One dealer has the preorder Simplex listed at $254 US without headphones and $339 with headphones.

Jeff

• Like 2

Yeah I see Big Boys has them discounted. I wonder if that’s a mistake as with Nokta/Makro the MSRP is usually the lowest allowable advertised price. It may be right but I won’t be surprised to see it go up to $299. I guess we will find out soon. If so some people get an extra good deal. And if it really is going out the door for $254 well that’s a double wow! That’s only $2 more than a Garrett Ace 250.

Yeah, I’m set for detectors personally so much as I like the looks of this I’m still cleaning house of excess units!

• Like 1

Looks nice and the price is great however, you need to have a choice of coils.  I'm done with 11" coils for water hunting.  Been out wading once with the Nox this year. Sigh

2 hours ago, Jackpine said:

Looks nice and the price is great however, you need to have a choice of coils.  I'm done with 11" coils for water hunting.  Been out wading once with the Nox this year. Sigh

What size/type do you prefer for water hunting?

14 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah I see Big Boys has them discounted. I wonder if that’s a mistake as with Nokta/Makro the MSRP is usually the lowest allowable advertised price. It may be right but I won’t be surprised to see it go up to $299. I guess we will find out soon. If so some people get an extra good deal. And if it really is going out the door for $254 well that’s a double wow! That’s only $2 more than a Garrett Ace 250.

Yeah, I’m set for detectors personally so much as I like the looks of this I’m still cleaning house of excess units!

No it is not a mistake... let me tell you shortly what is going on in the most honest way I can. In the past, we had the distributor control the pricing in the USA. Our  list prices (MSRPs) were advertised as the MAP price  and higher MSRPs was advertised for our products . As of early this year, we have implemented a new distribution and MAP policy which allows dealers to discount the product 15% off our MSRPs. Many customers think that we have lowered our prices in the USA which is not the case actually. As the manufacturer and the owner of the brand, we just took control of the pricing in the USA (as it is supposed to be) to make our products more competitive and affordable for users in the market. Hope it is clear now. So, yes the Simplex+ USA MAP Price is $254.15. Thank you! 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Lacky said:

What size/type do you prefer for water hunting?

A 9" would be perfect.  That size shouldn't need the large ribs that cause most of the resistance when swinging.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Hope it is clear now. So, yes the Simplex+ USA MAP Price is $254.15. Thank you! 

Simply amazing. Thanks for the clarification Dilek. It’s nice at least one company answers questions directly with no fuss. You set the “Gold Standard” in that regard!

• Like 3