Nokta Detectors

Simplex Pre-order Announcement

I guess we see it differently in NZ as detecting is all word of mouth, there is no marketing targeting us, what we get is what we see online by seeking it. 

We won't get that Duracell ad on our TV's ? We are too small to care about I guess.  To the average Kiwi the only brand they would know about would be Minelab from watching Aussie Gold Hunters on TV, it's certainly what I see from when people come up talking to me when detecting.  There is probably a whole lot of smaller countries out there in the same situation, a massive untapped market ?

• Like 2

Nokta/Makro is well known in Europe I'm told. They obviously target Detectival in a big way.

Funny, here I am going WOW but looking at responses on a couple other forums seems like complaints and sour grapes. Go figure.

• Like 2

Well Nokta have been given a good hint, target the little countries, we maybe small but we can sing as loud as the rest of the choir ?

If they got their Simplex into our big chain stores it would likely start up a new craze of detecting, it's sure priced right for that.  The US already have detectors in chain stores, for us it's going to a dealer of which there is only a couple in the country to get a detector of any type or buying online which a lot of people don't like doing.  They're very far from mainstream.  Maybe other smaller countries are the same.  The Simplex seems the perfect chain store detector and it has a feature set and quality that would make people enjoy detecting, a lot of lower end detectors just put new to detecting people off ?

The Go-Find for example, 4 levels of target ID, 5 on the high end Go-Find.  That's a lot of junk digging to find a coin.  Easy to give up on that quickly.

Nokta really need to try get into the Simplex into chain stores like Garrett and First Texas have in the US.

• Like 3

I think its a great time, equipment wise, for people to be entering the hobby.   Its too bad the weather disasters have killed the resale market and eliminated the buy & try & trade-up market in the USA.

Garrett rode the ACE for a long time, followed by the AT series.

First Texas rode the T2 for a long time along with the F75.

Whites rode the MXT for a long time.    

Now....it looks as if it may be Nokta/Makro's turn.   We will see.  Will be fun to watch. 

I think the big difference for me is I no longer feel obligated to buy & try anymore.      I'm set and happy, equipment wise, for the foreseeable future.

HH

Mike

• Like 2

I'll wait a bit to see how people like them, how well problems are handled, what the vanquish ends up being price a feature wise, etc, but that's a price I would pick one up just to see if I can get my kids interested and to have as a spare if anyone wants to come along. For middle class type incomes $300 is borderline impulse buy territory,  where as the $1000 I spent on the equinox was plan, save, hope territory. 

Minelab really needs to hire the ad producer, simple, informative, to the point. I've yet to see a minelab ad that wasn't garbage. 

Love the value, build quality, feature set and that high performance Anfibio 11" DD coil in a $299 package, simply cannot be beat. 

I'm with Mike though, I'm currently in a great place with only two detectors that can hunt it all and are very productive.  Still wouldn't mind picking one of these up, wish my wifey would get into detecting or my daughter was older, this would be the perfect machine for them!

• Like 1

One dealer has the preorder Simplex listed at $254 US without headphones and $339 with headphones.

Jeff

• Like 2

Yeah I see Big Boys has them discounted. I wonder if that’s a mistake as with Nokta/Makro the MSRP is usually the lowest allowable advertised price. It may be right but I won’t be surprised to see it go up to $299. I guess we will find out soon. If so some people get an extra good deal. And if it really is going out the door for $254 well that’s a double wow! That’s only $2 more than a Garrett Ace 250.

Yeah, I’m set for detectors personally so much as I like the looks of this I’m still cleaning house of excess units!

• Like 1

Looks nice and the price is great however, you need to have a choice of coils.  I'm done with 11" coils for water hunting.  Been out wading once with the Nox this year. Sigh

2 hours ago, Jackpine said:

Looks nice and the price is great however, you need to have a choice of coils.  I'm done with 11" coils for water hunting.  Been out wading once with the Nox this year. Sigh

What size/type do you prefer for water hunting?