Pull Tabs + Pennies = Gold

Nice find and thanks for sharing your detector #'s and ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info all,

I can manage the Equinox at the beach's Ok, but the parks have been kicking my butt! So many signals, and I'm only using 5 tones! For now I'm much better on my AT Pro in the parks! The whole "learning curve" thing! I know the Knox will ultimately be better, so i will keep plugging away! I've asked this once before on another thread, but does anyone see a large difference with the 6 inch coil on the Knox, over the standard one in parks?? Im considering if it would help with the target seperation; and I'm not worried about any depth loss due to it's size? Any suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance!

Here is the only inland gold that I've found so far with the Knox! I only wish it was more intact! But still love it! Below the first pic is what it would have originally looked like, and the info found on the internet! It was cool to be able to get all the information on the manufacturer and the date made! That was the "icing on the cake" over just me finding a generic gold ring!

20191130_012958.jpg

20191130_012831.jpg

20191130_012229.jpg

20191130_012531.jpg

20191130_012419.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

...Does anyone see a large difference with the 6 inch coil on the Knox, over the standard one in parks?? Im considering if it would help with the target seperation; and I'm not worried about any depth loss due to it's size?

The big downside of using a 6" diameter coil vs. an 11" is ground coverage.  I was pretty much addicted to small coils until I got the Eqx 800 and was forced to use the 11" until they released the accessory coils.  The target separation is so good on the Eqx that the need (for me) to use the smaller coil in heavy trash was reduced.  I mostly use the small coil for natural gold hunting when finding the tiniest pieces is part of the goal, but it's certainly a capable coil in most conditions.

• Thanks 1

Thanks GB, 

I doubt i will be finding any gold nuggets on the beaches (unless they are from the 1715 wrecks, or gold caps) but i have found small gold earring posts and beads with the 11"!  So i beleve you are correct!  Like everyone else, I'll just be digging more in the parks to get the gold!