Quick Lunchtime Hunt Recovers Seated Half Dime

GKman

GKman

That’s a great find . I see one little mark to the left of the date but other than that it’s in great condition.

That’s a great lunch break. You should take more like that more often.

Chuck 

Excellent find, and very nice condition as RR said, GKman!  Thanks for the video and also reporting your settings.  It's hard to quantify amplitude of sound, but did you have to listen really hard to hear it or was it pretty clear?  I'm impressed with the depth.  Do you recall what gain/sensitivity you were running?

GB Amateur  You were asking how strong the signal on the half dime. I can hear a signal 10 feet away and just about tell you what it is plus the date. Then I turn around and my wife is standing next to me saying something. The funny thing I can’t understand a word she’s saying.

Chuck 

Haha. Thanks Guys. My sensitivity was at the usual 25 for this site.  The signal was pretty clear,although weaker which is a big plus since deeper is almost always older  at this site(compared to fields where you can find a large cent on the surface). I get excited when I hear that, then doubly excited when the pinpoint area is really tight. I am going back to that same area today to double check. Yesterday I was almost late getting back to work.

Great find Gary. I know what you mean about depth. The two pics below show a 1953 wheat penny I dug two days ago. For those not familiar with the Wilcox 202 trowel, it is 14 inches long and the penny was found in the bottom of the hole. 

54DE5FDF-ECB0-442C-A800-D1116AFC388E.jpeg

CA84DD4F-640B-4B40-A238-65B4054C7B2A.jpeg

SUPER dig!  I love those Seated coins, and the half dimes don't turn up regularly, that's for sure!

NICE!

Steve