Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

Hf Elliptical Coil Coming Soon

I was lucky enough to have a guy on here make contact with me offering his Elliptical for sale to me. Right now my money is on the way and by the end of next week it will be in my hands .

I’m excited to give it a try on two lots almost down town that has lots of history.

I’ll be posting my finds right here.

• Like 3

Good luck with the new Elliptical HF Coil. I love mine on the beach. Very quiet.

• Like 1

Oh Beachhunter

It came in today and I’m happier than a new Rooster in a hen house . I want you to know this coil is like new and I sure like the looks of it .

Would you believe this week and next they saying it will be 103 if not hotter. That only leaves me to get up and hunt before breakfast are not hunt at all . Even at 10 PM it’s still sitting at 90 . At 78 I’m just to young and tender to hunt in heat like that.

Stay tune because I will be back reporting on my almost new Elliptical coil.

Chuck 

• Like 3

That’s awesome RR! I think it’s XP’s finest coil. First time on the beach and it found a beautiful silver academy ring that was tiny. It’s a decently quiet coil but sure reports the target.

Sorry to hear of the oppressive heat. We just had a heat wave this last week. It can be rough detecting in extreme conditions.

Well good luck out there and shows us what you find.

BH

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      This is the best video I have seen yet explaining the basics of search coils and why some may be better at some uses than others. By Garrett May 2019.

• By Chet
      I just got back from Rye Patch, Nevada; found 14 small nuggets; 6.2 grams total.
      I found nuggets with all three of my X-Coils; 10” round bunch wound; 17” round spiral wound; and 17”x 12” elliptical spiral wound.
      I have attached a chart that is compiled from testing of the 10” round and the 17” round coils as compared to the Minelab GPZ 14 coil. The testing was accomplished in a Rye Patch gully by placing a two foot PVC pipe into a freshly dug hole. Gold nuggets of various sizes were lowered in a medicine bottle by a cloth measuring tape. 
      This test was for my own relative comparisons; so those that want to critique the methodology feel free to do it another way. Two obvious depth improvements would be gained by increasing the Threshold setting and using headphones to listen for barely perceived target responses.         
      After discussions with Lucky Lundy and Gerry McMullen I now have found a middle ground that works for me with the following settings;

High Yield, Normal
      Freq. Auto, Sens 20, Volume 12
      Threshold 1 to 27 depending on EMI noise level
      Tone 53, Vol Limit 12
      Auto Smoothing Off, Ground Balance Auto, GS Off 
      The 10” is very sensitive but noisy. When roaming across the desert it has me swinging back over false targets much of the time. But it works quite well to slow down and get into small openings between the sage brush and close to bedrock in narrow gullies.
      Some quick checks make me think that the 17”x 12” will have similar depth performance to the GPZ 14. But will cover three inches more ground on each swing. I will chart some depth comparisons when I get time to do some more testing.
      I use the 17” Spiral Wound Round coil when I want to cover a lot of desert. The extra inches in circumference with a little extra depth penetration over the GPZ 14 coil is an advantage. 
      At this time I am retiring the Minelab GPZ 14 and the GPZ 19 coils.
      I have no connection to X coil, or to Davsgold except as a customer. X Coil and Davsgold have both been very responsive to my emails. 
      Have a good day,
      Chet

• By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher / Teknetics 2018 Coil Compatibility Chart
    • By yomahat
      Hi all,
      I am looking to buy an additional coil for my MK 14kHz to get some extra depth while in the field. I cannot decide between AF35 and KR40. Could you please advise which coil shall I purchase to add some depth for coin, jewellery and relic hunting and why?
      I would really appreciate your answer!
      Thank you in advance!

• By gambler
      whites garage sale  so I just ordered this from whites garage sale, now my question is when would I use each of these coils?

• By Glenn in CO
      Does anyone know any information on the new coil for the TDI SL and if the coil will be available separately?

TDI SL is now ... TDI Hi-Q
      A new high performance coil design for added depth -
      in two options
      TAN Part Number: 800-0334-Hi-Q
      CAMO 800-0334-Camo
      MSRP: $1199.95
      MAP: $1099.00