More Vanquish Info

It'll be interestingly funny that after all these teasers the product turns out to be an upgraded Go-Find.

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

According to experts’ prognosis, the Minelab Vanquish detector will have the following technical specifications: not waterproof, 7/18,75 kHz, display, Multi-IQ technology, with target ID, with manual ground balance, with noise cancellation, multitone sound, with pinpoint and headphones. The search coil will be of a special Vanquish model, 12 DD. The expected weight is 1,2 kgs/ 2.6 lbs. However, other people with knowledge of the matter claim that this is a hoax created by Minelab to catch the hype and eventually make the new model popular regardless of its real characteristics. This is a smart move, of course, but in case the device does not meet the promised quality, the fail will be disastrous.

First time I saw it - a video that is totally lacking in any info / and is just hype .

Maybe adding to the cost with no redeeming value .

Kinda takes away from a brand I valued , or I would have more interest in a brand that does not use hype .

Still saving up for a 800 though 😉

11 hours ago, rled2005 said:

According to experts’ prognosis, the Minelab Vanquish detector will have the following technical specifications: not waterproof, 7/18,75 kHz, display, Multi-IQ technology, with target ID, with manual ground balance, with noise cancellation, multitone sound, with pinpoint and headphones. The search coil will be of a special Vanquish model, 12 DD. The expected weight is 1,2 kgs/ 2.6 lbs. However, other people with knowledge of the matter claim that this is a hoax created by Minelab to catch the hype and eventually make the new model popular regardless of its real characteristics. This is a smart move, of course, but in case the device does not meet the promised quality, the fail will be disastrous.

What experts? Most of the information you are quoting originated from a Russian website that regularly makes things up out of thin air and I personally place no value in it’s accuracy. So hoax information? Probably. Minelab created? No.

I repeat over and over unless it comes direct from Minelab somebody is making it up. The ONLY information you will ever see from me you can absolutely know I have officially verified. In other words, if I don’t post it, official confirmation can not be found and it’s rumor.

I may as well toss in the towel though. Once the Russians post it spreads everywhere like gospel and it’s spitting in the wind trying to keep it at bay. I suppose it really does not matter anyway if people want to believe it all. Once Minelab reveals the facts we will know for sure. What’s annoying to me I guess is these guys get proven wrong time after time but it never matters. On the next go around they will do it again and nobody will question it.

So if the Russians make stuff up and Minelab does not deliver on the made up stuff it’s a disaster? If Minelab actually cared about that they could clear it up with official information, but they let it ride. I suspect just this discussion is a marketing plus. That being the case I think I really will just let it go.

So far the only reliable information is from two Minelab videos and a company annual report. The videos state clearly the machine has Multi-IQ. The annual report information states the machine falls above X-Terra and below Equinox in the lineup.

Most everything else is conjecture but we can place some safe bets. A display? You think? :laugh:

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned minelab hasn't announced a product yet. Nokta has with the simplex, saying exactly what it is and what it costs and when its available.  Until minelab gets to that point I dont really care. The videos are beyond worthless. I guess I'm just not very hype-able. 

• Like 2