More Vanquish Info

25 minutes ago, Lacky said:

As far as I'm concerned minelab hasn't announced a product yet. Nokta has with the simplex, saying exactly what it is and what it costs and when its available.  Until minelab gets to that point I dont really care. The videos are beyond worthless. I guess I'm just not very hype-able. 

I agree. If you announce give up the specs. I am not a fan of the endless tease whether it's from a girlfriend or a detector company. :smile:

Seriously, all metal detector companies are working on something that will come out someday. So announcing "we are working on something that will come out someday" is just a given. Or should be anyway if a company intends on staying in business.

Hey everyone! Garrett is working on something that will come out someday!! Stop the presses!!! And better wait and see what it is before you buy anything else!!!! Especially that detector White's is working on that they will come out with someday!!!!! You heard it here first!!!!!! :laugh:

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I agree. If you announce give up the specs. I am not a fan of the endless tease whether it's from a girlfriend or a detector company. :smile:

Seriously, all metal detector companies are working on something that will come out someday. So announcing "we are working on something that will come out someday" is just a given. Or should be anyway if a company intends on staying in business.

Hey everyone! Garrett is working on something that will come out someday!! Stop the presses!!! And better wait and see what it is before you buy anything else!!!! Especially that detector White's is working on that they will come out with someday!!!!! You heard it here first!!!!!! :laugh:

You left out all those poor Howard's building stuff in the garage. Course even when they do announce no one will believe them. Sometimes you just can't catch a break 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What experts? Most of the information you are quoting originated from a Russian website that regularly makes things up out of thin air and I personally place no value in it’s accuracy. So hoax information? Probably. Minelab created? No.

I repeat over and over unless it comes direct from Minelab somebody is making it up. The ONLY information you will ever see from me you can absolutely know I have officially verified. In other words, if I don’t post it, official confirmation can not be found and it’s rumor.

I may as well toss in the towel though. Once the Russians post it spreads everywhere like gospel and it’s spitting in the wind trying to keep it at bay. I suppose it really does not matter anyway if people want to believe it all. Once Minelab reveals the facts we will know for sure. What’s annoying to me I guess is these guys get proven wrong time after time but it never matters. On the next go around they will do it again and nobody will question it.

So if the Russians make stuff up and Minelab does not deliver on the made up stuff it’s a disaster? If Minelab actually cared about that they could clear it up with official information, but they let it ride. I suspect just this discussion is a marketing plus. That being the case I think I really will just let it go.

So far the only reliable information is from two Minelab videos and a company annual report. The videos state clearly the machine has Multi-IQ. The annual report information states the machine falls above X-Terra and below Equinox in the lineup.

Most everything else is conjecture but we can place some safe bets. A display? You think? :laugh:

I posted that to get backlash and hear if it was true or not. I'm glad it's not true.

Actually I am not saying it is not true. I am saying the source is unreliable and I pay no attention to stuff from them as being anything more than click bait in most cases. They also do post lots of accurate stuff after the fact, but the track record on early release information is very poor. So make what you want of that. :smile:

I try to keep information on this website as accurate as possible. That means I only trust official sources for any information I post on the site as the last thing I ever want to do is spread inaccurate information. It flies directly in the face of why I created the site. That’s why I have a knee jerk reaction about this sort of stuff. It’s click bait and I understand why they do it because click bait pays. But I don’t like engaging in that sort of thing personally and really don’t like spreading it via this website. Note I don’t care per se if other people post it as you have, but I will 99% of the time speak up to let other people know that in my opinion it is unreliable information. In this case if it’s not coming right from Minelab, I would ignore it and wait until they decide to let the cat out of the bag.

The bottom line is I work hard to make this website one of the very first places people will ever find accurate information as it appears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Phrunt  

I too got the same email and wondering how much we’ll see this time.

The Vanquish may be like some girls I knew in that they play around hard to get they may not get got . haha

It will draw a lot of interest whatever we see this time. If this is a disappointment it will be a first I’ve seen coming from Minelab.

Chuck 

Maybe they knew about the new Simplex and had to act fast!