More Vanquish Info

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

I guess we’ll know before the day is over with on how hard the pain it will be on our pocketbook .

You sure about that?  If memory serves me it was a long time (meaning several weeks) after the 2017 Detectival unveiling before we learned the price of the Equinox.

Looks like a re-configured, stripped down Equinox 600. At least that’s what it appears to me. That may be a good slot for someone between the Xterra and Equinox decision on purchase. 

Chase  

You have to understand what a Texan says and what he means may be two different things .

I’ve got to give you credit for trying to understand me but if you can’t don’t feel bad . My wife has the same problem.

You said you’d like to have the 8” coil that’s going to comes with the Vanquish . Do you have the 6” coil for your Nox?

Chuck 

• Haha 1

If it’s as near as good as the ad Minelab puts out I Want It !

I like a woman in red but here a metal detector in red is taking her place.

Chuck 

35 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

You said you’d like to have the 8” coil that’s going to comes with the Vanquish . Do you have the 6” coil for your Nox?

Chuck. Yes I have the 6".    If the 8" is elliptical (e.g., 8x10 or 8x11 or even 6x8) like the other 2 Vanquish coils shown and if they are compatible with Equinox, I will have found the perfect Equinox everyday coil.  The 6" is fine but the limited 6" if swing coverage vs. an elliptical coil makes it a study in frustration for me in any situation other than searching around stationary obstacles or in other confined areas.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm buying one for the wife (for me :laugh:) for sure.  Multi IQ on it just makes no other option viable unfortunately.  It's a shame in a way as I really wanted to try a Simplex.  I did promise myself I wouldn't buy another single frequency VLF then I bought a second T2.  That was however one I got really cheap as it was faulty, I suspected it was the coil so I told the seller to send it without the coil to save on postage and I don't like the stock coil anyway but it was the internal pots had been messed with to try get better performance out of it.  The seller didn't admit to that until I worked it out, I was able to get them back to a decent position though, seems to work well now... may not be as good as a factory adjustment but I'll never know 🙂  This Vanquish seems like it would suit my needs well, a wife machine that I would also enjoy using. 

Shipping before the end of the year though, could be some time away yet.

Hope it also has single frequency, too (most likely).  Still a lot of questions (e.g., what are the actual dimensions of those elliptical coils, are the Vanquish multi IQ search profiles subsets of the Equinox profiles, price, accessory cross compatibility), can't wait for that website link to go live.

Also a nice comparison chart on Minelab's site here.    https://www.minelab.com/vanquish-series   

The million dollar question is will the Vanquish coils work on the Equinox... 8" x 5" Double-D anyone....

Not making it waterproof seems a bit odd (coil only).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, orgone500 said:

Also a nice comparison chart on Minelab's site here.    https://www.minelab.com/vanquish-series   

The million dollar question is will the Vanquish coils work on the Equinox... 8" x 5" Double-D anyone....

Not making it waterproof seems a bit odd (coil only).

Wouldn't mind any of those coils on my Equinox, frankly.

LOL - someone forgot to post model numbers on the comparison chart.  But obvious to figure out.  Starting a new thread...for discussion and speculation now.

I have been unable to find the frequency on these detectors, anyone know, please post...

Also the 540 advertises " a customizable frequency range setting" would be interested in how that works...

Dave