More Vanquish Info

17 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

I’m hoping that we are going to see these new coil sizes for the Vanquish offered for the Equinox.

46 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I want that 8" elliptical coil that comes with the 540 Pro Pack for my Equinox!!!

You guys know better than to hold your breath hoping that Minelab does something that puts customer wishes ahead of profit.  What surprises me (a bit) is why they didn't use the same coils available on the Equinox (6", 11", 12"x15").  Possibly there is a different inductance requirement, but even then they could have used the same hoursings (which I think the CTX 3030 and Equinox share already).  Of course all this assumes that the leaked e-mail is legit.  We *should* know in 3 hours or so, but even that is too long to hold your breath unless you are a beetle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You guys know better than to hold your breath hoping that Minelab does something that puts customer wishes ahead of profit.  What surprises me (a bit) is why they didn't use the same coils available on the Equinox (6", 11", 12"x15").  Possibly there is a different inductance requirement, but even then they could have used the same hoursings (which I think the CTX 3030 and Equinox share already).  Of course all this assumes that the leaked e-mail is legit.  We *should* know in 3 hours or so, but even that is too long to hold your breath unless you are a beetle.

Regarding the coils, I guess it depends on the the Multi IQ frequency implementation, but it seems to me that a Multi IQ coil should be compatible across detectors at first blush.  That may likely be the case in the long run, but I would also not hold my breath that these would be available any sooner than Equinox was when it was also announced at Detectival.  So we are probably looking at Jan/Feb 2020 availability, though I would imagine ML would like to have a Holiday release.

Anyway, fun to be able to watch from the sidelines on this one as I am pretty content with my detector arsenal for the first time in a long time.  I really am not itching for anything soon.  Perhaps a multi IQ variant of the CTX/E-Trac, but still, it is not a burning desire at this point.  Really just want to focus on detecting rather than detector acquisition, and it has been that way pretty much since the Equinox came out in early 2018, which is the longest I have gone in awhile without a major detector purchase.

13 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Anyway, fun to be able to watch from the sidelines on this one as I am pretty content with my detector arsenal for the first time in a long time.  I really am not itching for anything soon.

So you're on the wagon for now, but you (and everyone else here) know how easy it is to fall off!

• Like 2

Garikfox

Thanks for posting . I guess we’ll know before the day is over with on how hard the pain it will be on our pocketbook . 

I said I want it to be a sad day for everyone when I go and at the rate of buying detectors it will be,

Chuck 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Garikfox

Thanks for posting . I guess we’ll know before the day is over with on how hard the pain it will be on our pocketbook . 

I said I want it to be a sad day for everyone when I go and at the rate of buying detectors it will be,

Chuck 

Chuck - is this a word jumble puzzle?  :biggrin:  [jk - I think I know what you meant - basically there haven't been many detectors you haven't thought weren't worth at least a buy and a try, so your dealer(s) will be sad to see you go some day]

• Haha 1