Is This The New Faceplate Of The Vanquish?

While being bored this evening I came across this while reading Dick Stout’s standards. I don’t think it’s official and I don’t want to start any rumors or problems on this site as I am new (BTW thanks for the opportunity to be a member).  Nevertheless here is the link enjoy! 

https://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2019/08/01/2019-is-the-best-is-yet-to-come/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

FE61610B-9FD7-4F97-A30B-4D19B2DD744E.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have seen something Vanish... as I was at the Minelab worldwide conference in Italy.  The photo looks like a detector screen for sure.  Is it the actual Vanquish?  To protect my dealership, I can not confirm or deny.  But I do know this.  It is coming and it will take away more market share of the Coin/Relic machines from the American big boys.  Do I personally like it?  No not at all, as in the late 60's and early 70's my family and I all used those other brands.  We've witnessed Tesoro fold under the pressure last fall.  If the American brands don't act soon (could be too late), they too will wither away.

Nokta Simplex was a wise and logical move.  My gut feeling is they too will be taking market share away from the others.

See you in the field this Fall and maybe I'll be swinging something new or I could just Vanqish away.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/3/2019 at 10:00 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

You mean that image from the Russian site that makes stuff up as clickbait? Absolutely, it must be the real deal! Either way it’s ok, now it’s clickbait here :laugh:

This image looks like the video we have seen , both are red . Whether its just click bait i don't know but it does look right . I just hope that if there are 3 machines "340 , 440 , 540" that the machines aren't all red . If they are i am thinking that Nokta/Makro might take Minelab share . That Simplex looks good .

I am tempted myself on both or even buying the Anfibio instead or as well. 

I was told a week ago by someone in the hierarchy that he thinks there will be a few casualties in the next few years . Tesoro might be only a start of a thinning out . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nuke em said:

This image looks like the video we have seen , both are red . Whether its just click bait i don't know but it does look right . I just hope that if there are 3 machines "340 , 440 , 540" that the machines aren't all red . If they are i am thinking that Nokta/Makro might take Minelab share . That Simplex looks good .

I am tempted myself on both or even buying the Anfibio instead or as well. 

I was told a week ago by someone in the hierarchy that he thinks there will be a few casualties in the next few years . Tesoro might be only a start of a thinning out . 

Not so sure color is high is as high on every detectorist's list such that it would cause a market share shift, quite frankly.  

Coloring aside, the Simplex might be a better bet for you as it will be more different than the Equinox than I anticipate will be the case for the Vanquish.  You have always felt that the Equinox lacked some of the magic the Xterra possessed.  From what I can tell, the Vanquish will be an economy version of even the 600, so it might be a set up for dissapointment for you.  Going the Nokta/Makro route might be a better path to fill in the gaps where Equinox is appatently not making the grade for you.  Though I wish I had 1/10th the success with mine you appear to have with yours beach hunting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Not so sure color is high is as high on every detectorist's list such that it would cause a market share shift, quite frankly.  

Coloring aside, the Simplex might be a better bet for you as it will be more different than the Equinox than I anticipate will be the case for the Vanquish.  You have always felt that the Equinox lacked some of the magic the Xterra possessed.  From what I can tell, the Vanquish will be an economy version of even the 600, so it might be a set up for dissapointment for you.  Going the Nokta/Makro route might be a better path to fill in the gaps where Equinox is appatently not making the grade for you.  Though I wish I had 1/10th the success with mine you appear to have with yours beach hunting.

I have found a bit with mine but it just isn't versatile enough on target I.d. and EMI causes issues. 

Not sure of the Simplex. Might get the Anfibio. But I want to see the Vanquish before I buy it , if it does on the dry beach as well as the Terra I will be happy and if it works in the salt wet too it won't be a downgrade . It could be seen as an upgrade in a way. But who knows .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 7:52 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

It is coming and it will take away more market share of the Coin/Relic machines from the American big boys. 

Coin AND RELIC.....hmmm....if that face plate photo is accurate, gone is gold mode, so it's an EQ600?

Does it share coins with the Equinox? 

Interesting times ahead!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Coin AND RELIC.....hmmm....if that face plate photo is accurate, gone is gold mode, so it's an EQ600?

Does it share coins with the Equinox? 

Interesting times ahead!

Its not meant to be a Gold machine in any way other than finding rings .

Think X.Terra in another control box and coil . 

I hope its like the Terra on coins and other targets , the Nox is vague at best on i.d. of targets . 

Anyway i found a mint unused condition 2010 ET last week and bought it for £425 (UK) after selling my older (£650) of 2 Nox's . Its just far superior on targets . The Nox has found a few Gold rings and many Silver rings and around £1000 so its paid for itself . Its just so limited on some of my best beaches due to EMI and difficult target i.d.  Beaches dont wait , tides keep moving in and out and targets can be lost when held back by having to dig all . The ET , you can Cherry pick and score a very high success rate . Land is different . So far i have had 6 Gold , 1 Platinum and some Silvers and quite a lot of coinage with my ET's this year . Not as much as in the past as the cashless society is killing coin hunting , or at least fresh losses .

2 ET's is better than 2 Nox's . Unless my Nox drowns or croaks in another way .

Bearing in mind the Vanquish isn't waterproof , may or may not work in the salt wet , red . I wonder if it will have a place in my inventory? I might steer clear of this machine for a while . My Guinea Pig costume can stay in the closet for now.

1 hour ago, Nuke em said:

Bearing in mind the Vanquish isn't waterproof ,

Not conclusive, but that is the inconsistent with what has been implied by the adverts and really isn't where the industry is heading where everything is waterproof.

As Steve referenced on the Vanquish page:

From the Minelab YouTube Channel”Minelab Vanquish a new dawn a new metal detector For Metal Detecting, water hunting, relic hunting and treasure hunting”

Agree that water hunting does not necessary mean waterproof, but if ML wants to be competitive with Simplex too...

• Like 2