Is This The New Faceplate Of The Vanquish?

7 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Opposite of what has been implied by the adverts and really isn't where the industry is heading where everything is waterproof.

I've been told it isn't . But with everything else on this topic we will have to wait and see . Wish they would damned well hurry up .

10 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Opposite of what has been implied by the adverts and really isn't where the industry is heading where everything is waterproof.

Can you point me to the adverts Chase .

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I did.  See my edited post.

I doesn't say anything on that Youtube ad . Nothing about waterproof , just water use . I was told not waterproof . And going by the box it doesn't look it , looks a bit old style . Like an ET .

4 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

I doesn't say anything on that Youtube ad . Nothing about waterproof , just water use . I was told not waterproof . And going by the box it doesn't look it , looks a bit old style . Like an ET .

I did say "implied" and clarified my edited post and agreed that water hunting does not necessarily equal waterproof, but again, based on where industry is going, I think there would be significant backlash if Vanquish did not at least keep up with Simplex in that regard.  So, to the point, I don't think anyone can make the definitive statement that is "isn't going to be waterproof", either. 

Also, some information in the vids has frankly run counter to some of the early information that was being fed to you by your original "source", so I am less inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.  For example, it was originally going to be a replacement for the Excal/Sovereign, then it was going to be an Xterra replacement and then 3 models with Flex IQ but with it clearly being Multi IQ based (the Multi IQ logo is in the video) like Equinox, I doubt it etc.  So the  "inside" info you have been getting is all over the map.  Perhaps intentional by the source to keep the mystery going...or they don't actually know.

I do, however, hope it fulfills the gap you have been looking for on Target ID, but doubt it will solve your Equinox EMI problem if it is Multi IQ-based.

It is all speculation at this point and I am not lending any credence to sources (I have my own too) or spreading rumors other than what ML has put out there and what Steve has posted on his Vanquish info page.   We really won't know until the specs and pics are published and then again, until someone has a video of a prototype or early production model in action.  Cheers.

26 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I did say "implied" and clarified my edited post and agreed that water hunting does not necessarily equal waterproof, but again, based on where industry is going, I think there would be significant backlash if Vanquish did not at least keep up with Simplex in that regard.  So, to the point, I don't think anyone can make the definitive statement that is "isn't going to be waterproof", either. 

Also, some information in the vids has frankly run counter to some of the early information that was being fed to you by your original "source", so I am less inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.  For example, it was originally going to be a replacement for the Excal/Sovereign, then it was going to be an Xterra replacement and then 3 models with Flex IQ but with it clearly being Multi IQ based (the Multi IQ logo is in the video) like Equinox, I doubt it etc.  So the  "inside" info you have been getting is all over the map.  Perhaps intentional by the source to keep the mystery going...or they don't actually know.

I do, however, hope it fulfills the gap you have been looking for on Target ID, but doubt it will solve your Equinox EMI problem if it is Multi IQ-based.

It is all speculation at this point and I am not lending any credence to sources (I have my own too) or spreading rumors other than what ML has put out there and what Steve has posted on his Vanquish info page.   We really won't know until the specs and pics are published and then again, until someone has a video of a prototype or early production model in action.  Cheers.

I dont think it has to worry about the Simplex. The Simplex is single freq and wont work well in the salt unlike the Vanquish that might well do.

As for the idea of the machine being the replacement for the Excal/Sovereign , that was mine. Not from a source. 

As for the I.Q. its not that thats doing it , its the WM08 /Bluetooth , that i am sure . Its always dropping out on the top dry areas close to the pubs and clubs . Anyway the ET handles those areas .

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

As for the I.Q. its not that thats doing it , its the WM08 /Bluetooth , that i am sure .

Yep.  Well that vulnerability is unlikely to change on Vanquish, too. That is when the hardwired phones option comes into play.

Regarding ML competing with Simplex and the future of low cost detecting equipment, it is pretty clear that both Nokta/Makro and ML are going after the low cost detector market now dominated by Garrett's Ace series detectors after they have both disrupted the mid-range sector dominated by the AT series.  Also, for detectors in general, Steve made a good case for why it doesn't make sense for detector manufacturers to not make waterproofness a standard detector feature going forward in this post.

We'll see what pops this fall.  It is fun speculating in any event and will be exciting to see what gets released.

In the mean time, Nuke, enjoy that Xterra you just got and hope some gold soon glimmers in your scoop.  Cheers and Happy Hunting.

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep.  Well that vulnerability is unlikely to change on Vanquish, too. That is when the hardwired phones option comes into play.

Regarding ML competing with Simplex and the future of low cost detecting equipment, it is pretty clear that both Nokta/Makro and ML are going after the low cost detector market now dominated by Garrett's Ace series detectors after they have both disrupted the mid-range sector dominated by the AT series.  Also, for detectors in general, Steve made a good case for why it doesn't make sense for detector manufacturers to not make waterproofness a standard detector feature going forward in this post.

We'll see what pops this fall.  It is fun speculating in any event and will be exciting to see what gets released.

In the mean time, Nuke, enjoy that Xterra you just got and hope some gold soon glimmers in your scoop.  Cheers and Happy Hunting.

Going by what i see on the video it doesn't have hard wired phones. 

Your right about Minelab and Nokta going after Garrett , I think Garrett might be on a sticky wicket and in the crossfire .

I didn't buy a Terra , I bought a second E.Trac . The best coin hunting beach machine in the World . Easy to set up , perfect or close to target info , and with the RNB battery as long lasting as a Nimitz class Carrier's reactor LOL.

I had £22.88p last night on the beach but no gems . Tides are a bit short and the sand doesn't show till long tides. Didn't I see just how bad its getting though , the amount of people on the beach it should have been a bonanza . Instead it was very nearly quiet everywhere . Like money hadn't even been invented. Baaaad. 

I don't think the Vanquish is going to be waterproof , I don't think Minelab saw the Simplex coming or maybe was to far down the road to change much . Too fixed on Garrett . I think also only the 540 Pro will get the headphones but hopefully with a standard sized control box it will have a quarter inch socket . Then the Gray Ghosts are good to play on.

2 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Going by what i see on the video it doesn't have hard wired phones. 

Your right about Minelab and Nokta going after Garrett , I think Garrett might be on a sticky wicket and in the crossfire .

I didn't buy a Terra , I bought a second E.Trac . The best coin hunting beach machine in the World . Easy to set up , perfect or close to target info , and with the RNB battery as long lasting as a Nimitz class Carrier's reactor LOL.

I had £22.88p last night on the beach but no gems . Tides are a bit short and the sand doesn't show till long tides. Didn't I see just how bad its getting though , the amount of people on the beach it should have been a bonanza . Instead it was very nearly quiet everywhere . Like money hadn't even been invented. Baaaad. 

I don't think the Vanquish is going to be waterproof , I don't think Minelab saw the Simplex coming or maybe was to far down the road to change much . Too fixed on Garrett . I think also only the 540 Pro will get the headphones but hopefully with a standard sized control box it will have a quarter inch socket . Then the Gray Ghosts are good to play on.

You're right, Xterra on the brain I guess, sorry about that.  Hoping ML comes out down the road with a Multi IQ based detector with the Target ID resolution and sophisticated Disc patterning of the Etrac and CTX FBS 2 detectors.  Now that would be something I could get behind feature wise.  Otherwise, I am really wanting for nothing as far as detectors are concerned, which is probably a relief to my better half.

Fortunately, I can likely skip contemplating anything new detector wise in 2019 and 2020 (with the possible exception of the FT AQ PI if it ever shows up and unless Nokta/Makro or XP decide to release simultabeous multifrequency based detectors) as I have no interest in detectors that have less capability than what I have now and that appears to be Simplex and Vanquish.

Can't imagine anyone releasing a detector without a hard wired headphone port at this point especially for water hunting and considering the price point that ML has been charging for their wireless accessories, it seems it would push their detector price target too high.  But anything is on the table until proven otherwise. A Standard 1/4" phone jack would be good.

Let's get it right this time - Enjoy that eTrac Nuke!

Happy Hunting.

• Like 1

Whatever this ultimately turns out to be, if it uses Multi-IQ and cost $500 or less, it should annihilate the AT line, and the Simplex the ACE and AT line.  

• Like 3