12 minutes ago, danielbecerra said:

when will it be for sale ????

Nobody knows and Fisher is offering no clues. I thought it would be this year but at this rate next year is getting to be the safer bet. I was interested in giving it a spin up at Lake Tahoe. Problem for me now is I am busy for August and September. By October snow is getting close at Tahoe, so I may as well wait now for spring. Given the FT track record with new releases and no software update facility waiting may not be a bad idea anyway.

• Like 2

Haha I feel the same way. I'm thinking of picking up the new TDI just to fill the time while this one gets sorted out. The problem will be that I'll have to sell the TDI to get the Impulse if and when it arrives as I've been asked to keep my detector collection a little thinner than in years past by the boss.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The good news, if any, is that the tweaking of the electronics and software have been ongoing while all the other hundreds of details of getting the thing produced are being sorted out. For example,  LE.JAG has posted about improvements to the depth in the iron ID modes so that now the depth penalty for using these instead of all metal has been reduced to a very small percentage.

Since they announced long ago that a gold nugget PI was next in line, I would expect that this platform’s development has moved along so that the gap between the introduction of the “Aqua” and the “Terra” might not be so long.

• Like 3

As long as there's an Aqua around the corner soon. I start back to school next week and that means my only detecting time will be on Saturdays until the end of October due to after school coaching responsibilities. I coach girl's golf and get to play golf everyday at beautiful courses but I'd rather be metal detecting.

1 minute ago, Skate said:

I'd rather be metal detecting.

(With citation to the movie The Graduate) I just want to say one word to you, just one word.  Are you listening?

Retirement

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

(With citation to the movie The Graduate) I just want to say one word to you, just one word.  Are you listening?

Retirement

Yes! My wife and I are close. This is my 29th year as a public middle school teacher and my wife's 31st as a second grade teacher. If CA goes ahead and makes it law that kids can't be suspended for defiance I may not make to #30.

• Like 3

I think it's more than just around the corner, they don't advertise or give news, I think that in this minelab has a lot of advantage, this world of detectors is a very small sector at PRO level! It will be that we are very demanding about the detectors! The perfect detector will never exist, everyone looks at it from a different point of view, I think I'm in the minority, that only diving with them, therefore the depth and discrimination are fundamental, because the search time is limited! !!

• Like 1

All you are telling me Rick is it’s not done if they are still able to make decent gains in performance by simply having a little more time. I’d rather they wait and get it truly tuned in rather than rush to market and have to mail it back later for the almost inevitable upgrade or bug fix.

• Like 3

Steve, I find you absolutely right, even more for those of us on the other side of the world! The issue of customs in the US is very complicated and sending a detector is a problem and time !!! Minimum 2 months, I prefer to continue with my old CZ, until the AQ comes out !!! I think I'll buy vanquish too !!! all my free time I take to detect! diving and detector !!!! excellent combination within a week I will be in Ibiza, the previous year I had excellent results !!!!

• Like 2