Falcon Md20 Detector Info

On 6/12/2015 at 7:31 AM, Reg said:

Hi Jim,

Did you ever find a battery adapter for your XT18000?  If not, let me know.  I finally cut some pc board but still have to make the adapter.

Now, if I remember correctly, there really isn't much difference between the MD10 and the MD20.  So, any instructions you can find on their should work on the other. 

There is a video out showing how to use the MD detectors and basically if set up right, you power to probe and if you get a good signal, it is probably gold or maybe lead.  If you pull away from the target and it sounds off, it is most likely a piece of magnetite. 

The next thing is to practice some to get the feel of the detector but it is quite simple.

Reg

Hi Reg!

No, I didn't find a battery adapter for my XT18000 and I tried everywhere I could think of.

I did get out my Falcon MD10 and played with it for about an hour yesterday. It's amazing how small a piece of gold it will find.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Jim

Have any of you long-timers used this machine? I cant seem to find a review on forum, but didnt dig too hard.

I was thinking abt taping probe to stick to poke in holes in creek, at least down to that 4ft. range. perhaps idenify some areas to dredge next month.

I think I remember that you can simply get a piece of 1/2 pvc pipe with a coupler and slide it right down over the wire and squeeze it onto the short wand......

• 2 years later...

I had one. Nothing but problems. Would not buy again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rubber washers under the control dials keeps the unit in fine tune. It is very easy to slightly knock out of tune while in use. I put mine inside a waterproof box. To avoid dirt and dust. Avoid knocking out of tune and also protection of the not so strong plug connector.

I used a waterproof cable housing for passing through the deck of boats to exit the box. 

I didnt try and go under water with it but But I can certainly use it in heavy rain not that I do..

17458153_10155155246006514_1084679905733056152_n.jpg

15592601_10154842501016514_258022453_n.jpg

• Like 2

I checked one out but I was not impressed with the construction so I passed on that purchase.

They are sensitive to ridiculously tiny gold..... IF you can keep them in tune.

I think you would be better suited to get an old high freq. Fisher .....