What Am I Doing Wrong?

2Valen

Today I met up with a very nice person from this forum who took his time to check out my unit and give me some much needed directions.

The detector is not a problem it just has someone who doesn't understands it yet. Yes I admit that I am not the smartest person when it comes to this, because I really have not tried it. What I am learning from this forum and it's members will help me learn this detector and make me better with it.

I wish to thank everyone who has taken so much of their time for their insights and help.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am starting to get the hang of this metal detecting thing, and I am still learning from everyone here on what to expect out of this 800 unit.

Thanks to everyone who has been helping guide me through this and yes I want to find gold everyday with it!

This is where I posted Saturdays find and how long it took me.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/10613-suggestion-for-construction-site/

Valen

• Like 2

Valen, isn't it amazing how some hours on the detector fixes most of the problems?  My first hour on the 800 I was a mess. Couldn't figure out or understand anything. After about 10 hours I pretty much had the basics down and was starting (barely) to feel like I understood what it was trying to tell me and was starting to learn how to adjust settings for certain conditions. Every hour since has just been growing more comfortable,  but those first 10 hours or so were a big adjustment. 

It would probably be better if they came locked in a beginner mode for the first 10 hours of use with sensitivity set at 10 in park 1, then every 5 hours of use unlocks a new feature.

Just commenting because you seem to have followed the same path and gotten over the hump too.

• Like 2