Help With Goldseeker 9000 Detector

I was wondering if anyone on this site can help me setting up a Goldseeker 9000 VLF/TR Metal Detector.The detector was built here in Australia by the creators who are now Minelab [I think].Well, my dad [Deceased] bought the unit in 1983 but never got a chance to use it because he had a stroke, so my Mum just put it away in the shed,Well, about 6 months before my Mum passed away last year, she gave it to me after she found it cleaning out her shed.There are a few instructions with it but not very clear, so if anyone out there can help me out, it would be very much appreciated.I know it is a good machine, and I would like to use it and try it out.Thanking everyone in advance.

Minelab bought the name of the company (Goldseekers) and very little else. It was a detector manufacturer for maybe 3 years before being swamped by US imports. Both the 9000 and 12000 are literally wall hangings now and useful for pretty much nothing else. If I remember right, keep auto tune on, start the sensitivity at 12 oclock and advance the tuning from 0 until you hear a hum. single turn ground balance would be the trickiest part to get right when a beginner. Keep discrim off as its a TR type and useless anywhere off the beach.

• Like 2