My First GPX Nuggets

That is a well written story and great gold.

Thank you.

Mitchel

That's crazy impressive for East Coast, that'd even be a great haul for Arizona. Nice work.

Man, you are gonna start a gold rush out there. :biggrin:

Thanks guys!  And I would bet that if the east coast had a similar climate to Arizona or Australia as well as open access to land and not private property, that you would see a lot more nuggets coming from the east coast. 

The area that I detected with the GPX, like I said was detected before, about 5 years ago, and the gold they got from it is nothing less then amazing with the biggest piece being 7 ounces and many other large nuggets as well as small ones.  Needless to say I cant wait to get back to this spot and hit it hard.  

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

I also took some video of both days so once I get those put together ill post them as well.  

• Like 3

Was there a lot of old timer activity there, hard rock mines, or is this newer discoveries? Some of that gold looks pretty rough and near the source. I have to admit I don't know a lot about Virginia mining, mostly just hear about Dahlonega and maybe up into NC.

There are lots of old timer workings all over the place.  Both hardrock and placer.