A Metal Detector Is A Time Machine

Certainly, lead poisoning is a risk factor for nuggetshooters who pop newly-dug targets into their mouth to spit-wash them. One of the first symptoms of lead poisoning is short-term memory loss and mental confusion. Er, or is that loss of short men...or, tall memory fusion... Hey, just what are we talking about? I'm confused... 😊

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Do you ever find needles from the druggos at the beach Mitchel? I'd be all worried about that, I remember it was quite a big problem on the Gold Coast in Australia when I lived there.  The idiots would shoot up on their drugs and just bury the needles in the sand.

It's one thing that's had me worried about beach hunting, although I've probably got lead poisoning from all the lead pellets I dig up gold hunting 🙂

I find pipes now and then but needles is almost never.  I'd say I've found less than 10 in 10 years.

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

Klunker???? 

Have you been shopping with Mitch lately????

seems like you two are in the same..... “zone...man”

🥴

Jealous?

On 8/6/2019 at 5:47 PM, mn90403 said:

Looking back at this it all seems rather 'obvious' and I feel like deleting all of it....

Banish that thought from your mind.

I published it so now only Steve can delete it!

Dug a big 20 gauge needle about 2 weeks ago but it was from the old WW2 camp I detect at...In those days they had big metal hubs at the base of the needle so that is what the Nox picked up. Most Druggies will be using very small needles 25 gauge for shooting up and they will have plastic hubs most likely and I doubt most metal detectors will pick them up unless you are hunting in gold mode with the Nox...but still you gotta be careful...that needle I mentioned above was still very sharp and capable of sticking me big time. Wear gloves at least its some protection. 

strick