Couple Old Coins From A Heavily Hunted Park

12 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I agree it would have to be a leap of some sort.  But comparing developments in pulleys and bow materials vs. microprocessors is perhaps not the best analogy (but I get where you are coming from).

Perhaps a more appropriate question is whether. you are using the same cell phone for the past 17 years?  :smile:

Detector tech innovation over all is likely plateauing out, with the biggest leaps coming in price drops versus technology adds.  But the pace of technology developments in signal processing is progressing at such a rate that I can see Minelab coming up in the not too distant future with a detector that has the sophisticated 2-D discrimination pattern programming and FE-CO target ID processing of the CTX with the speed of the Equinox’s Multi IQ multi frequency signal processing.  That would be one killer combo.  That would be a game changer.

Same cell phone for 5 years, just cause it still does everything I need it to do. I chase the new model less than anyone I know though. All my cars are old, bikes are old, most of my hunting type clothes are a decade old etc. Not saying I never would, just basically not really expecting another game changer to come along in an all purpose detector at an affordable price anytime soon. That not to say a game changer won't come out at 3 or 4x the price,  but that wouldn't interest me (well, more accurate to say wouldn't be an option for me).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacky said:

That not to say a game changer won't come out at 3 or 4x the price,  but that wouldn't interest me (well, more accurate to say wouldn't be an option for me).

Totally get what you are saying and agree that if it is not as affordable as Equinox I am probably not going there.

I am presently happy and not looking for a new detector either and haven't been since the Equinox hit the street a year and a half ago which is probably the longest stretch of time where I have not at least been interested  in anything newly released in detectors (and there have been about 3 or so worth considering in that time frame).  All I am saying is that there is high end capability that presently exists in the CTX and eTrac and ML now has the tech and ability to repackage that capability in a much more affordable detector.  And especially with ML AND Nokta driving capability way up in the entry level detector cost class, that IS likely to happen before my Equinox battery bites the dust.  If that detector does hit the streets, my Equinox might start collecting some dust. 

I apologize for hijacking devilsrenegades thread.

• Like 1

Have you hit the are again? If not try digging your mixed signals especially where there are pull tabs. I found a 39 wheatie under one the other day. Don't know how many times I had walked over that spot last few years. Now I have been hitting the same areas again and of course finding mostly pull tabs but you never know.

I don't think that the detector makes as much of a difference as being in the right spot unless your picking at fringe signals. Just the fancier detectors make it easier. Knowing your machine makes more of a difference too.

• Like 3