That's some nice gold... and a lot of it!

• Like 1

I too was a diehard GB2 fan when I got my Monster from Gerry when they came out....now the poor Bug sits lonely in the shed while the Monster gets out to play! Great little detector.....and a VERY nice collection of nuggets you got there! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Great gold, congrats!

Completely agree with you on the Monster.  It is fun, easy to use and super sensitive to small gold.  My son uses a Gold Bug II, he loves it, and we have a lot of fun teasing one another on which detector is best.  At the end of the day though we both agree that both detectors are really good at what they do and having both in the field, working areas together, we're getting the benefits of two of the best VLF gold detectors out there.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

I too was a diehard GB2 fan when I got my Monster from Gerry when they came out....now the poor Bug sits lonely in the shed while the Monster gets out to play! Great little detector.....and a VERY nice collection of nuggets you got there! 

Hi Peg, Nice to see you. Have you tried the Nox 800 with the little coil? Just to throw another cat among the pigeons. :rolleyes: I still have a soft spot for the GB2 but I have to admit that it doesn't get a lot of air time these days.

Good luck out there

JW 🤠

• Like 3

The GM1000 is pretty awesome on the small stuff, as you have seen.  I put a telescopic rod on mine and threw away the 3 pole design.  Now I run the GPZ with the GM1000 folded up on my back.  The GM is my cleanup after the GPZ finds an area. 

Most of the gold you found is 10x bigger than what I find with the GM.  Its primary limitation is depth.  But otherwise it is a bedrock beast.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

Hi Peg, Nice to see you. Have you tried the Nox 800 with the little coil? Just to throw another cat among the pigeons. :rolleyes: I still have a soft spot for the GB2 but I have to admit that it doesn't get a lot of air time these days.

Good luck out there

JW 🤠

Hi JW! Last season I traded my old GP3500(great detector!)for a new Nox 800 and some odds and ends from Gerry. I am VERY embarrassed to say it hasn’t even gotten out of the box yet! I use my 600 on the Florida beaches and just love the ease of the Monster dinking around on my claim here in Idaho. But I’ll get it out eventually....it does get the little bits too! 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good detecting on your part

9 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

Hi JW! Last season I traded my old GP3500(great detector!)for a new Nox 800 and some odds and ends from Gerry. I am VERY embarrassed to say it hasn’t even gotten out of the box yet! I use my 600 on the Florida beaches and just love the ease of the Monster dinking around on my claim here in Idaho. But I’ll get it out eventually....it does get the little bits too! 😄

Hi Peg. It sure does get the little bits too.

20180824_145249

20180824_191436

20180824_134518

20180805_124357

Crazy small

20180805_125547

20180805_191924

Even the stock 11" coil isn't too shabby.

20180307_21465120180303_20132920180303_200312

About time you broke it out. 👍

Best of luck out there

JW 🤠 

• Like 5

On 8/6/2019 at 10:59 PM, inthemountains said:

Some of you may know what it is like to swing a large PI detector. It can turn into a job and not be fun even though the weight of gold found is good.

I have used a GB 2 since it first came out and when I break it out I call that therapy.

Recently Gerry's Detectors  helped me obtain a Goldmonster to add to my many detectors. Thanks Gerry. I did not know what to expect , I just needed something to have as a loaner.

Was not really impressed by the rod as it is a 3 piece screw together type. The big coil looks funny and the ergonomics are sort of out of balance. Well that all went away when i turned it on.

The photo shows the result of the first three outings. I am very impressed. I never thought i would put my GB2 in the corner. Fisher needs a wake up call. Sorry  I am the most die hard GB2 fan out there but this detector with the 5 inch round coil is amazing. Turn on and go. Rechargeable batteries and great response on the smallest gold. Did not even use headphones. The Bug 2 is better in some ways (hot rocks) but is in need of a total update. Heavier cables , push button, possibly a 71HZ Gold Bug Pro type package.

I hear the Equinox is as good for gold. I guess i have some testing to do. 

I could easily put the heavier GPZ away for awhile and just go back to small coil detecting. If I can figure out the Equinox I could find old coins and small gold with one machine on the same day. 

This must be Steve's approach. Tired of heavy detectors.

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

Marc,  I appreciate the kind words and this forum sure would enjoy seeing more of your posts/finds.  Many of the followers don't know your detector background, but I'll assure them you know gold detectors and have found your share and then some.  It is so hard for some very successful detector operators to step away from their tried/true gold grabbers...but at the same time, you miss out on the improvements of new detectors and sometimes technologies.  Glad you are enjoying the Gold Monster 1000, as it is a really great tool and much easier than many of our old school days.

Peg,  You too were hesitant at 1st and now look at you and what you can do with a Monster.  Sure wish you'd take that EQ-800 out of the box and do a side by side.  Maybe invite me this fall and we'll devirginize the 800.  Thanks for your support all these years.

JW,  If I keep looking at your photos of the EQ-800 and them tiny bits (which shows your skill and bragging rights- well earned), I think it is easy for me to stop selling the other VLF detectors.  You are a master my friend and keep it up.

Anyone wanting a GM-1000 before the price goes up on Aug. 15th., call me and we'll get one to you.  As always, we also offer the VET 15% discount.

Gerry's Detectors in Boise Idaho 208-345-8898.

Thanks,  Gerry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1