Out Again With The Xterra 705 And Multi Freq Coil

Took the xterra out again today for a couple hrs. only intent on shallow clad. I notched everything but 40,42, and 44 on the vdi scale and set the machine at 7.5 khz in 4 tone, threshold 12 and started at sensitivity 10. I was searching sidewalk strips and gradually turned the sensitivity up to 20. I was finding memorial cents, clad dimes and quarters and not a bit of trash. I went a couple blocks then got a solid 42 no matter which way l swept the coil. I was expecting a Canadian cent because they come up a little higher than a lincoln. I was very surprised to see a 1939 mercury dime in the hole.  A little further down the strip another solid 42 next to the sidewalk edge turned up a 54 Rosie. It was nice to have the machine quiet and not be bothered with trash for a change.  ☺

0807191230a.jpg

0807191241.jpg

• Like 4

My X-Terra served me well for many, many years.  I really loved that machine and that 7.5 coil.  Moving into my 800 I get the same feeling!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Curb strips are an oft ignored producer.  I've started to hunt those more regularly but so far in my recent hunts they are so loaded with modern coins (and trash) that I'm not getting the deeper, older stuff.  I'm sure it's there and I won't be giving up.  Nice dimes!

• Thanks 1