Minelab Price Increase

Swegin

I can understand the Monster maybe, but the SDC I would have thought was due for a price decrease after all this time, like to $2999. Sales must be going stronger than I might have guessed if they figure it needs a price increase. Interesting.

Gold Monster 1000
Price Now: $799
Coming Price: $849

SDC 2300
Price Now: $3,750
Coming Price: $3,799

Rob Allison mentioned earlier the GPX 4500 is also being discontinued and that current stock would probably be the last.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Another odd move. Considering SDC's are $3730 in Australia, that means they are only $2534 USD if we bought from overseas.

Not sure why they would raise the price even more here in USD, it should be going the opposite direction with currency exchange rates. Shouldn't it? Not to mention the margin between invoice and MSRP is huge, $50 would seem to make very little difference in that light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Makes me wonder if they sell any in the US. Shipping from Australia isn't cheap,  but it sure ain't $1800. I'd just buy in Australia and have it shipped if I had a need.

• Like 1

Maybe those Coiltek coils are driving the price up?

Everyone that has a used one for sale should benefit.

• Like 1

I understand your reticence JW, my half sister was born in NZ and has recently visited and said the same thing. If it's any comfort (and it won't be), the price of housing in the US is just stupidly high. That, combined with the whip-saw economics and politics, makes NZ seem like heaven. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after your US visit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

I understand your reticence JW, my half sister was born in NZ and has recently visited and said the same thing. If it's any comfort (and it won't be), the price of housing in the US is just stupidly high. That, combined with the whip-saw economics and politics, makes NZ seem like heaven. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after your US visit.

There are homes in the Bay area 1 bedroom 2 bath selling for a million dollars lol  True

strick

• Like 2