Simplex / How They Do It ?

I got a email the other day from the company telling me how great this new detector called Simplex is . I’ve already been reading about the Simplex on the forum here but I had to go over all that’s offered on it again.

I don’t know where they ever came up with the name Simplex. Oh don’t get me wrong it looks as if a bird brain like me could run it  .What I want is how they can sell it at such a low price with all this Simplex has other than just detect ?

I’ve had different businesses over the years and when I seen the price of the Simplex . I was thinking maybe they haven’t heard the words of profit/loss.

I see it now, everybody and their brother plus their sister with her kids will be out there swinging this so called Simplex.

I guess we could start a rumor that your hair will fall out if you use one . That wouldn’t do me any good half of mine is gone already.

Dilek I wish you the very best on the sale of the Simplex. A guy like me with nine grandkids and my two youngest just got married I need a less expensive detector.

The Best!

Chuck 

PS At Christmas time I don’t sing Joy to the world anymore.haha

nokta-makro-simplex-waterproof-wireless-
Nokta/Makro Simplex+ Waterproof Metal Detector

Thanks Steve for your quick reply. It always helps have someone in the know.

All I can say is we came a long ways baby and still going.

Chuck 

You pretty much have to compete on technology or on price. If you dont compete on either you go the way of tesoro. Brand loyalty helps for a while, but in the end you have to be competitive. Nokta and Minelab have clearly chosen market share over profit margin per detector in the markets they are targeting with the equinox and the simplex.  If the other companies dont respond in some way it's not going to go well (obviously assuming the simplex ends up being as good as it looks).

• Like 1

I’m not too worried about First Texas or Garrett. They are going concerns with good markets and engineers and should be able to adjust. FT in particular just brought a new modern facility online. If anyone stands to lose at this juncture I’d say it’s White’s.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/4942-waterproof-metal-detector-comparison-chart/

• Like 1

Still, using Garrett as an example,  if the simplex compares favorably to the AT series, as it looks to, they will be needing to come out with an updated AT at half the price to compete.  They can't be happy about that. Is brand loyalty strong enough in the detector market to make up for a 100% price difference? 

2 minutes ago, Lacky said:

Still, using Garrett as an example,  if the simplex compares favorably to the AT series, as it looks to, they will be needing to come out with an updated AT at half the price to compete.  They can't be happy about that. Is brand loyalty strong enough in the detector market to make up for a 100% price difference? 

It's not just brand loyalty that Garrett has going for it, but advertising.  In the US, anyway, nobody does that as well as Garrett.  But, yes, the question is: "is it enough?"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lacky said:

Still, using Garrett as an example,  if the simplex compares favorably to the AT series, as it looks to, they will be needing to come out with an updated AT at half the price to compete. 

Garrett is really good at coming up with updated AT's  :tongue:.  Seems to be the only thing they have been doing for the past several years (but not really innovating).   Slashing the price, well that is going to take some innovation and Garrett hasn't demonstrated the ability to do that lately.  We'll see, it will get interesting.  Especially if Simplex and Vanquish start eating into Garrett's ACE market then, yeah, Garret is going to have to figure out how to provide more for less.  So you are right - it will have to be AT capability at an ACE price.  The question is how quickly can Garrett react with actual product on the street.

• Like 1

Chase, I agree with you except I think that Nokta/Makro detectors have surpassed the AT series so even at a reduced price the AT line won't support Garrett much longer. 

• Like 5

On 8/9/2019 at 2:48 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m not too worried about First Texas or Garrett. They are going concerns with good markets and engineers and should be able to adjust. FT in particular just brought a new modern facility online. If anyone stands to lose at this juncture I’d say it’s White’s.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/4942-waterproof-metal-detector-comparison-chart/

I see it this way. Tesoro is gone, whites is next without question. Not sure who will be next after Whites. Garret has other biz models to keep them afloat. But against Makro no company is safe, not even Minelab. Invent, update or die. Makro is making detectors the way we want them made. Minelab makes detectors the way they want and we are expected to deal with it. In this fast changing field that could be their  Achilles heel. 

Just my point of view.

Makro I am still looking for a PI the way I want it.

• Like 1