Minelab Ethiopia

mn90403

True, but QED would then have to do the same program, or partner with someone to run it. Very different business model than just retail sales.

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

If you read the story on it they get the detectors on a loan type plan that they pay off over time 😞 poor buggers

The corporation will supply the detectors to the youth with affordable service payments to create employment.

https://www.ena.et/en/?p=9037

Imagine being an Ethiopian youth paying off a $12,000 USD loan for their GPZ detector in gold finds.

Hey Phrunt, maybe you can get on this plan so you can get yourself a ZED.  But for them, I still think they'd be better off using the machine to club an animal.  Anything they find is going to need to be spent on essentials, not on paying of a loan. 

And that comment on a meter deeper, just did not make sense to me.  Personally, there is nothing worse than digging down 2 feet, and then busting up another 1 foot of caliche, just to get to a can that was buried by a bulldozer, long ago.  And don't get me started an freak'n nails!

Well then again, who am I kidding.  I'd probably strap a small VW to my back if I thought it would get me on more gold.  Scratch that last paragraph. 

• Haha 1