Minelab GPX 4500 Discontinued

• 8 months later...

On 12/24/2019 at 1:09 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

This is the longest discontinuation I have ever seen.

Well, although still listed on the Minelab website, most legitimate dealers are showing the GPX 4500 as out of stock. There are many still for sale, but I have to think the odds are high they are counterfeit at this point unless being sold by a very trustworthy source. Buyer beware.

How To Verify A Minelab Is Genuine

• 6 months later...

minelab-gpx-4500-pulse-induction-pi-gold-detector.jpg

And finally, a year and a half after this thread started..... the GPX 4500 has been removed from the Minelab website. It is now listed on the discontinued products page as being discontinued in February 2021, so this thread jumped the gun by a bit. :smile: Note that Minelab services detectors for five years after the discontinue date. The clock is now ticking on the GPX 4500.

The GPX 4500 at $2699 was a bargain entry point into PI nugget detecting, and I for one am sad to see the machine go. The GPX 5000 at $3999 is now all that remains of the old school Minelab PI lineup.

Minelab GPX 4500 Data & Reviews

Surprisingly to me at least, the X-Terra 705 continues as a current product. I'd have thought Equinox and Vanquish killed it off, but there is still sales life in the machine apparently.

• Like 2