Steve Herschbach At Sweet Home, Or

Welcome Steve to Sweet Home OR. Steve was able to stop by for a visit Wed. night, the night of our club meeting. Sooo of course we talked him into speaking at the meeting. It didn't take much talking in fact it didn't take any at all. If you don't know Steve he is a great guy and probably the best speaker when it comes to his passion, GOLD. I've known Steve for 15 years and he is a natural when it comes to using and speaking about metal detecting, metal detectors and gold in it's many forms. Thank you Steve!

We will hook up in Northern Nevada and spend some time together detecting for gold. Hopefully it will be as good next time as it was last time.

Thanks again,

Steve Houston

• Like 6

Thanks for starting this Thread Steve Houston,

Oh My, what a Place to be In, Well Done Steve H, The Size of some of them Machines, Makes an ATX look like A Tooth Pick, I wonder How Many Batteries Per hour they Use,lol

I have Just Seen A Coils for that 66 TR on Ebay,

I would really love to play with those Machines,

John

The early models (BFO) used a 67 1/2 volt battery and if I remember correctly it was the same battery used in crank telephones. Batteries Plus now has them for people restoring those old phones and the cost was around $50.00 to $60.00 each.

Steve Houston

• Like 1

Steve Houston,

Are you still hanging out in Sweet Home? I heard from Larry that you were moving someplace else. Good luck to you, maybe I see you in Northern Nevada this fall, I'll be in touch. Still have your pocket nugget??

Keith

Steve Houston,

I also wanted to thank you, if it weren't for you I would have never gone to Ganes Creek and Moore Creek for all those years. Met many, many good people and made many friends. I truely miss those exciting adventures.

Thanks again,

Keith

My 2nd detector back in 1963 was the same as the 3rd from the left, top row, I believe it was called a Gold Master. The only gold I ever found with it was a gold ring in the Denver City park. Those BFOs were not very deep and the batteries were kinda spendy. Found lots of shallow coins tho.