Is it true that some Minelab coils will work on Whites TDI?

• Like 1

Rled, yes, many Minelab coils will work on the various TDI versions, and some TDI coils will work on some of the Minelabs PI's. Are you seeking a coil size/type for the TDI not already marketed by White's, Coiltek, or Miner John Designs? If you are seeking  a 6.75" Concentric for a TDI please see my advertisement in the Classifieds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By noob
      Just bought a used TDI Sl from eBay. When the ground balance is off the machine is stable and smooth.  The second I turn it on the machine goes crazy.  I got a good deal on it. Do I send it back or do I send it in to Whites for repairs?  Thoughts?
    • By Jim in Idaho
      I did both of Reg Sniff's suggested mods to my 2013 model TDI SL. I also use a 16v battery pack. I was testing it yesterday on pieces of nickel. I buried a 1 gram piece at 6", and a 1.84 gram piece at 10". The TDI saw both with the 7.5"DF coil, and the 8 x6 NF Sadie coil. The 12"DF coil could only see the 1 grammer....same for the Super Pulse 14" 350. The signal on the 1.84 grammer was faint, but repeatable. I'd definitely have dug it in the field. The signal on the 1 grammer was strong with both the Sadie, and the 7.5DF. Could have easily been deeper.
      Jim
    • By Jim in Idaho
      This mod has been done at the factory on all SL's made since 2015. So, only applies to earlier models (mine is 2013). It consists of removing the diodes D20, and D21, and capacitor C56. You also have to install a jumper across two of the three diode leads on D21. I'll post a pic showing what I did.
      The effects of this mod are much more subtle than the sweep speed mod. Maybe a 5-8% gain in sensitivity in the air test on the 1 grain gold bar. But, still some gain, though I had to be paying attention to hear it.
      This mod should not be undertaken unless you have some serious soldering skills. The components are REALLY tiny....like 1/8" wide, or maybe 3/16" at the very most. Getting the jumper in place is tough...took me 15 minutes of fooling around to get it soldered in. The mod pushed my air test distance on the 1 grainer to 3 1/4", without headphones. Might have done a bit better using the hp's. there is also a slight increase in ground noise to contend with, but nothing that really bothered me. In really ugly ground, it may be worse. We'll see. In the pic, the red triangles are where the diodes were. On D21, you can see the jumper under the lowest leg of the triangle. That jumper is 3/16" long. The straight red line, on the right, is where C56 was located.

• By snippifish
      Hi folks, so I've ordered myself a TDI SL and spent a few hrs on line trying to find anyone that ships the RnB innovations 14.4v battery to Australia which proved to be an impossible task. So I went on to try and find the highest capacity longest lasting AA batteries for the dry pack and came across the Kentli 1.5v 3000mWh rechargable lithium polimer batteries. I have to say it looks like a brilliant idea but some of the reviews I seen aren't all that great. Now being aware that a lot of reviews are probably BS of one kind or another I have to ask who here has heard of or tried these? The idea of getting a constant 12v in the machine is appealing. Would be good to see some of you electrical gurus out there put them to the test?
    • By Jim in Idaho
      Bit the bullet and did the sweep speed mod this morning. Made a huge difference in the acceptable SS. I ran the 1 grain gold bar past the 8 x 6 Sadie coil before doing the mod, and there was a relatively slow, specific sweep speed that gave the best signal. Too fast, and the signal completely disappeared. After the mod, the SS made almost no difference. Fast, slow, the signal was steady. No change in indicated depth in the air test. Threshold was still smooth. I'll post a video of the before/after tests later on. I changed the filter caps (C20, 21) from .47ufd, to ,22ufd. A friend in Florida, who is a civilian tech working for the Navy, was kind enough to send me a few matched pairs of the caps. Without his encouragement, and help, I probably never would have tackled this. Now I'm really glad I did. One tool I'm glad I had was my fly-tying  magnifying light. My eyes don't focus like they did when I was young, and that magnification allowed me to see the soldered spots, to be sure I had done a thorough job.
      Jim
    • By WesM
      Hello,
      I'm looking at penetration through schist / slate type bedrock and quartz vein medium mineralized on a 70 deg vert plane, so the end grain is detectable. Fair amount of fracturing from the use of explosives I believe leaving hairline to 1/32 cracking here and there and some larger along the rock wall with 60 or so years of CA. High Sierra weathering on it. . But I'm also looking at what the penetration depth would be for the same material in solid condition further in from the rock face. Anyone have any experience with these conditions? Target is a leafy up to .5  mm thick ribbons and crystalized pockets of gold in, umm, not sure what they're called but they look like flattened bubbles in the quartz coated with crystalized gold inside, the only visible "bubble" is .70" w x 1.7" or so  deep, at least according to my fillet knife.

Anyone?