Ever Have A Weird Detecting Hunt? Video To View.

I've had some crazy happenings around me when out detecting, but this one sometimes gives me the chills.

Do you think there was a Dog Snatcher in the area?

Have you ever had a weird detecting experience?

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

14 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Have you ever had a weird detecting experience?

Well, maybe. Does hanging out with you (and your motley crew of instructors) in the Nevada desert count??

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, garikfox said:

That's bizarre. Have you done any more research on the tags?

I spoke with the home owner and they had only lived there a few years and did not know the history of the site.  All the tags are 1969 to 1972.  Either someone was killing many dogs in the area or at that time frame (40+ years ago) it could have been a dog pound? 

The old lady who grew up across the road said the restaurant a block away used to have a special on Mondays, "Grilled Growler" and a soup called "Howling at the Moon".  She wondered if there was a coincidence as her 1st 2 dogs disappeared?

It could all be true as there are some weird folks in that town and the stories told do back up some of what is said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

And yes, Winnemucca is a bit odd, not so much now but 40 years ago it had a weird vibe to it. Jordan Valley kind of fits that mold too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lacky said:

And yes, Winnemucca is a bit odd, not so much now but 40 years ago it had a weird vibe to it.

I assume you're referring to this national news story from the early 80's:  https://www.apnews.com/c3028337e7d88ef7b80ac6deaf8dd9c4

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I assume you're referring to this national news story from the early 80's:  https://www.apnews.com/c3028337e7d88ef7b80ac6deaf8dd9c4

Nope, never heard about that, but it doesn't surprise me. We used to travel from Idaho to California once or twice a year to visit family. Winnemucca was the logical rest stop for gas and food. Like I said, it just felt a bit off.

• Like 2