Sign in to follow this  
fredmason

Help??? Wireless Module Not Connecting

Apparently, my wireless pairing button does not work...

I have tried every combination to get the thing to show...but, it won't.

Detector on...

WM on

wm rapid blink on

PUSH the wireless, water-proof button-NOTHING

several Factory resets done also....

The trouble shooting guide says to ….CONFIRM the wireless setting is set to on"...??? where is this setting?

FRED

• Like 1

Fred the button has 2 modes.  A single press of the button simply turns on the radio and you should see either a wifi symbol or bluetooth (bt) symbol or bt+ symbol flashing in the upper right corner of the display as it tries to connect to the last device it was paired to (presumably your WM08).  If you want to put it in pairing mode, you have to hold down on the button for 2 seconds and then place the wm08 in pairing mode too.  Since you reset your detector, you will have to re-"pair" the wm08 as I just described: turn on detector, hold down radio button for 2 sec (wifi wm sumbol shoukd flash in upper right hand of display), turn on wm08, press pairing button on wm08.  It should lock in and pair within 30 seconds.  If you are getting no wifi or bluetooth flashing symbol after holding tge radio button for 2 seconds, then the button or radio are likely broken.  Good Luck.

minelab-equinox-quick-reference-guide.jp

• Like 3

Thanks, Chase;

I expect a trip to Minelab will be in order...

I can never find where on their site I e-registered...do you know the secret?

fred

• Like 1

Since no Equinoxes can be out of warranty at this point, they should accommodate you as long as you have a valid serial number.

• Like 3

Mollie at Minelab has connected with me...I sent the detector module and wm back per her request.

I am hopeful.

Thank you Mollie!

btw; email seems more efficient than the telephone, if one needs to chat with them. Apparently they are very busy....

• Like 1

So, mine made it back and they shipped something...I will know what on the 29th....very eager!!!

fred

• Like 2

Happy days!!!

my 800 and WM came home and everything works correctly and simply. I took it to a park and through the factory preset programs, all is well

thank you Minelab, excellent service!

fred

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By garikfox
      I'm looking at the B&Z audio enhancer for the GPX, the one like JP uses.
      Is anyone using a B&Z and what do you think about it?

• By Old Farm Hunter
      anyone know if these are good detecting headphones https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/bounty-hunter-stereo-headphones/0000000203051?Ntt=metal+detecting+headphones&_requestid=2321948 or  do you know of a cheap pair that are good thanks
    • By kac
      My old headphones got all beat up over the summer plowing through the woods so I snagged a pair of Garrett Stow Aways for my Tejon. I was really surprised how good the audio really is on them. They do fit a little tight and are smaller but have a really great range of sound. Now I need to re-learn my sounds.
      Anyways I didn't spend much time out, maybe half hour or so and left the 10x12 coil which kills me in trashy areas but I did get a nice smooth hit on this little 18k rose gold ear ring with a few diamond chips 0.7g.  Was only inch or so deep nothing to brag about.

• By Lonnie / Vero Beach
      I purchased an Equinox 600, 6" coil and 1/8th to 1/4th adapter.  It arrived on 08/19/2019.  The detector worked without headphones.  It worked with the wired headphones that came with it, the headphone icon appearing on the screen.  When I attempted to use the 1/8th to 1/4 Minelab adapter, that I also ordered to allow me to use my Sun Ray headphones, things went wrong.  Machine was fine, but with the adapter in place, my headphones were dead.  The speaker on the unit still worked.  The headphone icon on the screen did not appear.  I re-attached the adapter several times with the same result.  There was a problem somewhere. 
      Things happen.  It probably was nothing big.  I called Minelab America, expecting another adapter would be sent, or ____?  Minelab didn't answer, just a recording informing me my call might be recorded. I left a message.  Later that day I called again. Same recording.  I did not leave a message.  I did not leave a message the two times I called the next day, when the recording was still answering my call.  I called the dealer and he was, and still is, very responsive.  He provided the email for Minelab service and maintained contact with me.  I emailed Minelab about my problem on 08/20/2019.
      I made four calls to Minelab America and never reached a human.  I left a voice-mail message with my contact info, no response.  There has been no reply to my email.  Though the Equinox may be a fine machine, I can live without it and it will be a long time before I consider another machine from them.  I qualify for the Veterans discount, which made for a great price and was considering purchasing one for my girlfriend.  The machine was sent back.

• By mn90403
      Does anyone know if an 800 will connect to a phone or any other Bluetooth app or device that records video or audio?
      It sure would be interesting to record directly from the detector.  I guess the best way is the old way of just putting the sound on the detector speaker and then capture the event that way.
      Mitchel
    • By Leithan
      After spotty performance from the included wireless headphones, I took Steve’s suggestion and picked up a pair of Sunray CTX Pro Gold head phones. I connected them to the WM08 module using the ML Nox adapter pig tail.
      The difference in audio performance between the Pro Golds and wireless headphones is night and day. I had a lot of connection issues with the included wireless headphones, when they did connect, audio through them wasn’t much of an improvement over just using the speaker.
      After 20yrs in the Army, my hearing sucks. I had a difficult time hearing that “disturbance in the force” pause in the threshold you sometimes get from a tiny nugget. The WM08 has worked absolutely flawlessly, instantly connects when powered on.
      If you only use the WM08, I don’t think the “CTX” version of the Pro Golds are necessary as the speaker shuts off regardless of which of the three modes is selected. I am currently using the official ML adapter pig tail to connect them together, but they work equally as well with a cheap eBay adapter. I am blown away by how much more I can hear, it’s a completely new detecting experience for me.
      I have used, ear buds, Grey Ghost water proof headphones, stock wireless head phones and now the Pro Golds. To my ears, and for the type of detecting I do the Pro Golds just blow everything else away.