Help??? Wireless Module Not Connecting

fredmason

Apparently, my wireless pairing button does not work...

I have tried every combination to get the thing to show...but, it won't.

Detector on...

WM on

wm rapid blink on

PUSH the wireless, water-proof button-NOTHING

several Factory resets done also....

The trouble shooting guide says to ….CONFIRM the wireless setting is set to on"...??? where is this setting?

FRED

Fred the button has 2 modes.  A single press of the button simply turns on the radio and you should see either a wifi symbol or bluetooth (bt) symbol or bt+ symbol flashing in the upper right corner of the display as it tries to connect to the last device it was paired to (presumably your WM08).  If you want to put it in pairing mode, you have to hold down on the button for 2 seconds and then place the wm08 in pairing mode too.  Since you reset your detector, you will have to re-"pair" the wm08 as I just described: turn on detector, hold down radio button for 2 sec (wifi wm sumbol shoukd flash in upper right hand of display), turn on wm08, press pairing button on wm08.  It should lock in and pair within 30 seconds.  If you are getting no wifi or bluetooth flashing symbol after holding tge radio button for 2 seconds, then the button or radio are likely broken.  Good Luck.

minelab-equinox-quick-reference-guide.jp

• Like 2

Mollie at Minelab has connected with me...I sent the detector module and wm back per her request.

I am hopeful.

Thank you Mollie!

btw; email seems more efficient than the telephone, if one needs to chat with them. Apparently they are very busy....

• Like 1