Still on that roll strick, when will it end? 🙂

• Haha 1

Kinda a slow roll...but ill take it!

• Like 2

Thats an awesome 1 1/2 hours.

20 hours ago, Skate said:

Thats an awesome 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks Skate...I've been to this place 4-5 times now...It's a very a small swimming area...on a state park...gets swimmers all the time..I got a gold crucifix  there last year... I dont know if these were recent drops or not...Only moderate luck with a couple sliver items as well... It reminded me that you should never give up on a spot ...try different machines etc...I'm going back maybe next week..need a very low tide so you can hunt as far out as possible....thinking of getting scuba certified lol... Hows  Southern Cali treating you? Been to Pismo area at all ? 

strick

Using a detector or Bobcat and dirt screen?

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, strick said:

Thanks Skate...I've been to this place 4-5 times now...It's a very a small swimming area...on a state park...gets swimmers all the time..I got a gold crucifix  there last year... I dont know if these were recent drops or not...Only moderate luck with a couple sliver items as well... It reminded me that you should never give up on a spot ...try different machines etc...I'm going back maybe next week..need a very low tide so you can hunt as far out as possible....thinking of getting scuba certified lol... Hows  Southern Cali treating you? Been to Pismo area at all ? 

strick

Funny you should ask. I got a call last week for a ring search in one of the canals in the Channel Islands. A guy lost his wedding ring in about 10-12 feet of water. They know the general area(within 10-15 yards) but I'm not able to dive because I still haven't taken the plunge to get scuba certified. As for SoCal, we've been sanded in at most of my spots and in some new spots I've literally detected for hours on end in the wet sand with only one or two signals. I hunted a reasonably well populated beach the other day during AM low tide and dug one signal in two hours. The wife and I haven't made our trip to Pismo yet. We took the plunge and went to the UK for vacation this summer and blew two or three vacation funds in the process but it was worth it. School is back in session now so detecting time is slowing down for a bit but winter storms are on the horizon. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Nice job, love the bracelet :smile:

• Like 1

Glad to see you saving a few more precious metals.  Swimming holes are always a great way to cool down in the summer with the NOX. 

Were you able to swing any while in UK?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Againstmywill
      Same football field as the tape player today. This came in a faint 28 on the Nox with the 15" in park 1. I was using 17 sensitivity and it caught it as deep as the Garrett Carrot is long. First one of these I've found, too. 

• By alaskaseeker
      The last time Steve H and i hunted together in Hawaii, i banged in this beauty and he banged in Two.. Always fun to hunt with Steve,  he's a real detectorist.....

• By HollywoodBeach
      This thing was just a whisper and quite deep (a little over a foot) about midway between high and low tide lines.  Heard the faint sound of a tone and number i hadn't seen before (high tone, 34ish, Nox800).  Gold plated silver Russian St George religious ring.

• By alaskaseeker
      These are a few i found in various places, Hawaii, UK, and Ak..The silver ring is pretty old, i found it in a plowed farm field in the UK, it was basically flattened out, when i got back to Ak i took it to a jeweler friend and he reshaped it and made a repair...Hawaii is a gold ring paradise did manage to return a couple of wedding bands but for the most part its impossible...
    • By Mark Gillespie
      Well, I can say, I almost gave up on this 14k gold earring and sterling piece.  The detector (Equinox 800, park 2) kept telling me it was there but my pinpointer was not so sure until it actually touch it.  The color of the ground and the fact I didn't have my glasses on proved to be a difficult task in locating these two precious items.  Just remember if the detectors says there is something there don't give up until you know what it is.  The second photo was a blast in recovering all those sterling pieces.  And then the old button, very ornate.

• By strick
      Im still a newbie to this hobby but  I try to take in as much knowledge as as I can from all of the more experienced prospectors on this board. I've learned a lot in the last 3 years from some of you fellas and to that I am greatful. That being said I stumbeled or should I say my wife stumbled upon a new method of unearthing gold the other day. She was taking a lunch time walk around the lake where she works and noticed a duck pecking at something shiny near the waters edge. The curious bird eventually tired of playing with or trying to eat the shiny object so Lisa went down to investigate  and found a nice gold chain and pendant. It tests 10k with acid. Included is a photo of the pendant and a short video that demonstrates what one might "look for"  when employing this new technique of finding gold. I realize that the video is of geese but the same method applies to ducks. Some of the members of this board are snowed in right now and I hope you find this post useful. You might want to turn some music on when watching the video.....

strick