Thats an awesome 1 1/2 hours.

20 hours ago, Skate said:

Thats an awesome 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks Skate...I've been to this place 4-5 times now...It's a very a small swimming area...on a state park...gets swimmers all the time..I got a gold crucifix  there last year... I dont know if these were recent drops or not...Only moderate luck with a couple sliver items as well... It reminded me that you should never give up on a spot ...try different machines etc...I'm going back maybe next week..need a very low tide so you can hunt as far out as possible....thinking of getting scuba certified lol... Hows  Southern Cali treating you? Been to Pismo area at all ? 

strick

On 8/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, strick said:

Thanks Skate...I've been to this place 4-5 times now...It's a very a small swimming area...on a state park...gets swimmers all the time..I got a gold crucifix  there last year... I dont know if these were recent drops or not...Only moderate luck with a couple sliver items as well... It reminded me that you should never give up on a spot ...try different machines etc...I'm going back maybe next week..need a very low tide so you can hunt as far out as possible....thinking of getting scuba certified lol... Hows  Southern Cali treating you? Been to Pismo area at all ? 

strick

Funny you should ask. I got a call last week for a ring search in one of the canals in the Channel Islands. A guy lost his wedding ring in about 10-12 feet of water. They know the general area(within 10-15 yards) but I'm not able to dive because I still haven't taken the plunge to get scuba certified. As for SoCal, we've been sanded in at most of my spots and in some new spots I've literally detected for hours on end in the wet sand with only one or two signals. I hunted a reasonably well populated beach the other day during AM low tide and dug one signal in two hours. The wife and I haven't made our trip to Pismo yet. We took the plunge and went to the UK for vacation this summer and blew two or three vacation funds in the process but it was worth it. School is back in session now so detecting time is slowing down for a bit but winter storms are on the horizon. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you saving a few more precious metals.  Swimming holes are always a great way to cool down in the summer with the NOX. 

Were you able to swing any while in UK?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...