Has anyone used “Land Matters”  website to look for a prospecting site? I recently did, and today I went out to the selected spots. None of the topo photos were the same, some roads and trails don’t exist anymore. I also forgot to take my GPS...Those photos must be ancient!

Yes, many people here including myself have used it. One of the owner/operators, Clay Diggings (Barry) is a very helpful poster in these forums. Here are his recent posts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rled2005 said:

Has anyone used “Land Matters”  website to look for a prospecting site? I recently did, and today I went out to the selected spots. None of the topo photos were the same, some roads and trails don’t exist anymore. I also forgot to take my GPS...Those photos must be ancient!

Yes, this is a very handy website.   But as you have found, you still need to go through google earth and review different time frames.  And even then, you never know how much the bushes or roads have changed from the past satellite pics.

• Like 1

I use it and actually found their map the most accurate concerning the area I'm currently working, it showed a road that no other online mapping source did.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      This is pretty neat stuff, and I think the applications for prospectors and relic hunters are obvious...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140103-new-england-archaeology-lidar-science/
    • By fredmason
      another ---- question from me...
      Is there a "easy" way to move my google earth account from my old computer to my new computer.  I would like to keep the waypoints I have...just because I like them...
      remember, small words and simple directions for fred...
      thanks
      fred
    • By AUddicted
      The other day I pulled up Google Earth as usual but now the navigation and zoom controls and the tool bar icons are very tiny. And now my placemark labels are larger than normal. I cannot figure out how to reset it back.
      Has anyone else experienced this? 

• By vanursepaul
      Don't know if i am the only one who hadn't seen this video and AU information site---- but check it out---- It looks so simple that even Klunker could handle it!!!!!

• By Sourdough Scott
      Just wondering if there is any new information on LIDAR? Been wanting to use is to search forested areas. Here is a old link on the subject. http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/79-light-detection-and-ranging-lidar/?fromsearch=1
    • By Gold Seeker
      There's a new site for research for us prospectors called Land Matters, it's Non-Profit Educational Organization website primarily for prospectors and other land users, this site was created by Brian Cole and Leigh Johnson, with much help from MinerDiggins Adventures, who many may know as Clay and Ruby, who have been for years been producing mapping and mining claims programs for prospectors.
       The site has been posted on other gold prospecting forums but I haven't seen it posted here, it's free to use, many many hours have been put into this site and more to come, there are many different maps and map layers (geology, land status, minerals, mining, topos, etc.), articles, resources, and a searchable library for 8 states at this time and more states are coming as requested by end users as well as the entire USA and other parts of the world, it takes a little time and work to add each state but several more states are in the works at the time I'm posting this and will be added in the order they have been requested by end users, if you have a request please request it at the website or I can relay it to them.
       As mentioned it a non-profit project created out of the passion of what we do and many, many hours have been put into it's creation which isn't finished by a long shot, but they do accept donations if you are so inclined.
      http://www.mylandmatters.org/